Macan 2014-Current

Pursuing buy back (Leaking body seam)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2024, 09:51 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by thatguywho
I'll give the most credit to the dealer in this case going beyond in my opinion what they really needed to do, but Porsche NA def came "close enough" that I'm fine with just moving on (and buying another product from them).

To be honest the biggest irk was we ended up basically where I was fine with just way too late. Also in the future I'll be hesitant to sign the goodwill money if I have an issue until after I really really make sure it's fixed.

Better news is I also seem to have enough good will with my dealer to get a 911 allocation as well...
So how did your final deal work? Did they "trade in" the defective Macan in exchange for your new Macan S?
Old 10-04-2024, 10:02 PM
thatguywho
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL;[url=tel:19680232
19680232[/url]]So how did your final deal work? Did they "trade in" the defective Macan in exchange for your new Macan S?
they gave me “fair market value” (as if it had no issue) and gave me a pretty good deal on a 24 S they had on their lot. Between that and 2 good will checks from Porsche NA, I’d say I’m not ahead but not too far behind. I’ll continue to do business for sure with the dealer as I’m sure they ate the brunt of that. We’ve bought most of our cars from their larger (other brand) network as well.
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (Yesterday)
Old 10-04-2024, 10:07 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by thatguywho
they gave me “fair market value” (as if it had no issue) and gave me a pretty good deal on a 24 S they had on their lot. Between that and 2 good will checks from Porsche NA, I’d say I’m not ahead but not too far behind. I’ll continue to do business for sure with the dealer as I’m sure they ate the brunt of that. We’ve bought most of our cars from their larger (other brand) network as well.
That sounds pretty good. Glad it worked out for you. I'm sure that dealer is looking forward to the day you buy that 911 off allocation.

Quick Reply: Pursuing buy back (Leaking body seam)