Macan 2014-Current

laser wash/reg car wash with PPF

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 11:12 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 502 Likes on 258 Posts
Default laser wash/reg car wash with PPF

There is a mixed view about taking a car with a full wrap to a regular car wash. I took my 992 C4S with a full
SunTec wrap and ceramic coating to a Lazer Wash for four years. Had no damage to the wrap or coating
and no pealing of the wrap.
When I get my new Macan GTS, I will have a full wrap.
Do I dare bring it to a regular car wash for convenience ?
Old 05-30-2024, 09:30 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

IMHO, if you have PPF and ceramic, there is no reason to use a brush or fabric wheel car wash.

The stationary car laser washes are okay if well maintained, but I am fortunate to have a nearby wash where they prespray with wands, then your vehicle is moved through a tunnel with touchless laser controlled sprays. Does a really nice job and I just towel it off afterwards. Great when it is too chilly to want to hand wash.

But nothing beats a hand wash especially for the wheels.
Old 05-31-2024, 06:54 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 502 Likes on 258 Posts

I recently ordered a 2025 Macan GTS. I decided to have in Chalk with black accents. It right now is in the wrap shop getting
a full SunTec wrap with ceramic coating.
The only location for a Lazer Wash is nearly 17 miles away. I have used it for four years for my 2020 Porsche 992 C4S in
Adventurine Green with a full wrap as above. It is a major inconvenience to have to go this far for a safe wash.
I was seriously considering getting a dark grey color so that I could merrily take to the car wash down the street. But
then, when I saw another Macan in Chalk at the dealer, I just couldn't give up that fabulous color only for convenience.
For that color, you just have to have a full wrap.

Quick Reply: laser wash/reg car wash with PPF