Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Navigation -- how do you turn off voice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 03:39 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Navigation -- how do you turn off voice?

I know that you can adjust the volume and thus you can turn the NAV volume down to nothing, but on my other cars, there's a button you can press to turn off the voice guidance completely without adjusting the voice guidance volume when it is on. Is there a button like that on the Macan?
Old 05-10-2024, 10:32 AM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I have attached pictures on how to do it. First, go to the navigation screen. Second, touch the icon with the three lines on the top center of the screen, then select navigation settings where you will find the 'navigation announcements' setting and you can adjust the volume or turn it off from there.

The following users liked this post:
Terry Adams (05-10-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 05:34 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry for the delay, but I was away last weekend so I couldn't try what you suggested. My touchscreen is a little bit different than yours. When I go to the Navigation Settings screen, I get a line that reads "Navigation Announcement Volume" which gives you the option to change the volume or if you click on the triangle, you can turn off the navigation voice completely. There's another way to do this. You click on "sound." Then "volume." The you get an option that reads "Navigation Announcements." You can toggle it on or off. See attached photos.

Last edited by Long Islander; 05-13-2024 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Navigation -- how do you turn off voice?