2024 Macan A/C not blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 10:26 AM
Razgumio
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2024 Macan A/C not blowing cold air

I have an a/c problem on my 24 Macan.
It began as soon as I bought the car (new).
I have had it to the dealer twice and still same issue.
The fan always works properly however it only blows cold air sporadically.
It acts as if the compressor is not functioning.
I have done all of the normal things: shutting a/c off and on; changing every single setting; turning the car on and off; etc.
There is no cause and effect. I works one day and does not the next. No clue why.
One thing that I did notice, is that on the days where it does not work, when I turn on the car on, the a/c settings which I left at 72 degrees the day before, starts up as the lowest possible temperature.
The dealer (after 12 days there) added freon with a die but I doubt that is the problem. I am waiting to take it back to them.
I am thinking that there must be a fault in one or multiple controllers or possibly the thermostat.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 05-08-2024, 01:55 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 299 Posts

I had similar issue with my 991.2 911. Dealer claimed factory sometimes under fills coolant. They recharged and sent me on my way. Same problem resurfaced. Dealer recharged and added dye. No leak was detected and sent me on my way. Same problem resurfaced. After a couple more days at the dealer, they found the problem - a slow leak at the Schrader valve where the coolant is introduced into the system. Part was replaced under warranty and has been trouble free since (knock wood!).
Your Macan is still under warranty; the dealer MUST fix.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:27 PM
Razgumio
Intermediate

Hi DBH
Thanks for the great reply. Were you losing freon prior to the Schrader valve replacement? I am not losing freon and it fact when it works, cools very well.
It went back to the dealer for a third time this afternoon. "Fortunately" the a/c was not cooling so they actually got to see the issue for the first time.
They were going to get Porsche involved....
Old 05-16-2024, 08:25 PM
Razgumio
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Razgumio
Hi DBH
Thanks for the great reply. Were you losing freon prior to the Schrader valve replacement? I am not losing freon and it fact when it works, cools very well.
It went back to the dealer for a third time this afternoon. "Fortunately" the a/c was not cooling so they actually got to see the issue for the first time.
They were going to get Porsche involved....
Picked the Macan from dealer today. They finally ended up replacing the a/c pressure valve. Working for now....
Old 05-16-2024, 08:39 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Razgumio
Picked the Macan from dealer today. They finally ended up replacing the a/c pressure valve. Working for now....
Good luck, hope this works for you!

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan A/C not blowing cold air