New Gen 1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 09:31 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New Gen 1 Owner

Morning All --

New owner here and I wanted to see if others with the base 2.0 constantly drive with the sport setting due to the terrible early upshifting when in the normal setting?

This is just a everyday beater so the power in the 2.0 is fine for it's intended use of picking up dry cleaning, local shopping etc., but when the thing goes to 7th gear at 45 miles an hour it is just awful. I think it's been in Sport for 99.9% of the short time I've owned it. It's plenty fun in sport and using the manual selection -- over all a great little vehicle.

I love it just wanted to see what setting other 2.0 base folks drive around in on a normal basis.

H-D
Old 05-08-2024, 11:57 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
Morning All --

New owner here and I wanted to see if others with the base 2.0 constantly drive with the sport setting due to the terrible early upshifting when in the normal setting?

This is just a everyday beater so the power in the 2.0 is fine for it's intended use of picking up dry cleaning, local shopping etc., but when the thing goes to 7th gear at 45 miles an hour it is just awful. I think it's been in Sport for 99.9% of the short time I've owned it. It's plenty fun in sport and using the manual selection -- over all a great little vehicle.

I love it just wanted to see what setting other 2.0 base folks drive around in on a normal basis.

H-D
I typically use normal when I am warming up the car or have passengers. Once the oil temp is up to about 200F, I switch to Sport or Sport+. You can add Sport+ fairly easily, thus making Sport your default.

I have a tune and extra set of wheels with smaller/lighter tires, and that does help a lot, to find myself in normal more often these days, but when I feel the engine lugging in 7th, I make the switch.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 05-08-2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:06 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
I typically use normal when I am warming up the car or have passengers. Once the oil temp is up to about 200F, I switch to Sport or Sport+. You can add Sport+ fairly easily, thus making Sport your default.
What is the process to adding Sport+?
Old 05-09-2024, 11:47 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

What is the process to adding Sport+?
Depends on the year you have, what year is it?
Old 05-10-2024, 03:25 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
Depends on the year you have, what year is it?
2017 base 2.0.
Old 05-11-2024, 05:28 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

2017 base 2.0.
https://www.innovativesoftnz.com/pro...19-macan-sport

I used the same vendor for the upgrade on my 2021 which was a different approach with a new steering wheel and dial switch but same result.

Quick Reply: New Gen 1 Owner