Macan 2014-Current

A/C problem! Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 06:50 AM
whissm
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C problem! Can anyone help?

My 2016 Mecan S is blowing cool air from the drivers side, but warm air from the passenger side.
ive tried topping up the refrigerant with an AC pro and that says it’s full. I’ve also stripped the dash/glove box etc down and put a new actuator motor flap (part number 991-624-425-02-M6) on the blower motor, but it’s still blowing warm air on the passenger side. I’ve run a scan with the iCarsoft OBD and get a fault code 008211 (see picture) I thought this was telling me the problem was the actuator motor but that hasn’t fixed it! Also when I put it in A/C max it blows hard but the air doesn’t come out of the vents on either side? Anyone had the same or similar issues

and what did you do to fix it.

Last edited by whissm; 05-03-2024 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:20 AM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 196 Posts

Looks like the LIN bus wire, from the AC Control Module, to the actuator, is open somewhere. There is one LIN bus wire, that comes out of the AC Control module (white wire, pin#2 of connector D), and then it "daisy-chains" in and out of each of the 10 Servo Motors (Actuators) of the climate control system. The LIN IN and LIN OUT are always pin #2 (LIN IN) and pin #3 (LIN OUT) of each Servo Motor unit, but the wire colors are all different (not white).

Also, check the power to each Servo, they are all fed a common operating voltage supplied by AC Control module (red wire, Pin #1 of connector D), to Pin#4 of each Servo, always a red wire. Ground is pin #1 of each Servo, always a brown wire.

Last edited by VAGfan; 05-04-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:10 PM
whissm
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks. Your electrical knowledge is way better than mine!
Old 05-08-2024, 10:23 AM
Razgumio
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an a/c problem on 24 Macan.
It began as soon as I bough the car (new).
I have had it to the dealer twice and still same issue.
The fan always works properly however it only blows cold air sporadically.
It acts as if the compressor is not functioning.
I have done all of the normal things: shutting a/c off and on; changing every single setting; turning the car on and off; etc.
There is no cause and effect. I works one day and does not the next. No clue why.
One thing that I did notice, is that on the days where it does not work, when I turn on the car on, the a/c settings which I left at 72 degrees the day before, starts up as the lowest possible temperature.
The dealer (after 12 days there) added freon with a die but I doubt that is the problem. I am waiting to take it back to them.
I am thinking that there must be a fault in one or multiple controllers or possibly the thermostat.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Quick Reply: A/C problem! Can anyone help?