Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Guide for Hours Needed, Steering Gear Replacement and Headlight Washer Sprayer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 11:11 PM
Mike1234
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guide for Hours Needed, Steering Gear Replacement and Headlight Washer Sprayer

Below link is what happened to my car. Now the insurance wants to deduct 1.3 hours, when the shop quoted for 4 hours to replace the steering gear, and the insurance wants to alo deduct 1.5 hours from the 3 hours shop quoted for headlight washer sprayer repair. The insurance said unless I can find the guide to show them, the guide all the shops said they follow and quote for that many hours, and none of the shops/dealers wanna send me that. What can I do here? Anyway to find that guide? Anyone here with that kind of information and can help me? I really appreciate any help or advice.

https://rennlist.com/forums/macan/14...l#post19382028
Old 04-13-2024, 08:36 AM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1234
Below link is what happened to my car. Now the insurance wants to deduct 1.3 hours, when the shop quoted for 4 hours to replace the steering gear, and the insurance wants to alo deduct 1.5 hours from the 3 hours shop quoted for headlight washer sprayer repair. The insurance said unless I can find the guide to show them, the guide all the shops said they follow and quote for that many hours, and none of the shops/dealers wanna send me that. What can I do here? Anyway to find that guide? Anyone here with that kind of information and can help me? I really appreciate any help or advice.

https://rennlist.com/forums/macan/14...l#post19382028
There's a free porsche workshop manual available on Internet as a pdf. It's pretty complete but only for early Macans

Quick Reply: Guide for Hours Needed, Steering Gear Replacement and Headlight Washer Sprayer