Macan 2014-Current

Driving through deep water for 20 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 05:10 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1234
I did not use dealer, it is a shop which is cheaper. And we tried to use insurance in-network shops but none of them is willing to do the job. The labor rate as this placee is already lowest we can find among all the shops who can do the job.
Then you have left yourself no recourse but to accept whatever arrangement this shop and the insurance company come to.
Old 06-08-2024, 11:43 AM
Sze5003
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to say but you should have had it towed to the Porsche dealer and had them do all the analysis. Then the insurance would have to work with them. The insurance may not be willing to pay what the dealer charges but at least the car would be fixed properly. You would then need to cover the rest. I would after this probably switch insurance companies if you are paying for full coverage. But it is surprising the insurance is entertaining this at all considering you told them that you willingly drove through when the water was as deep as the headlights. I would have reversed if I could as soon as realizing the water was getting deeper, I am sure you were not doing 60mph through this water so it would be easy to tell whether it is getting deeper or not.

Quick Reply: Driving through deep water for 20 seconds