Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Traffic Jam Assist

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 07:58 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

1. I am not sure of your use of "legal" and "civil." Civil law is legal, just not criminal.

2. Getting Porsche to pay "damages and fines" is a non-starter.

3. It seems you have spend a lot of time on this. Perhaps just let it go and enjoy your car.
The following users liked this post:
GP20 (04-01-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 04:09 AM
kirkir
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears that PCNA is aware of this problem.

"This topic is currently under investigation. Do not attempt to remedy the issue until further instruction. Please inform the customer TJA is currently not available."

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...00932-0001.pdf
Old 06-12-2024, 09:46 AM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 153 Posts

Interesting, I wonder if Nate was the one to report that. If so, good idea going to the GOV instead of Porsche.
Old 06-13-2024, 01:09 PM
mark8
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Active Lane Keeping as the name suggests is an active system that keeps the car more or less in the center of the lane.
Does Porsche even offer "Active Lane Keeping" on the Macan? I had it on my SQ5 and liked it for longer drives. When it is implemented well, it's a nice feature for those instances where the drive is long and boring and you aren't looking for an engaging driving experience.
Old 06-19-2024, 04:40 AM
OC9912C
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my car was broken when TJA never turned on in socal traffic. I’m glad this is being discussed because I bought a 2023 Macan instead of 2022 just for TJA as I had it on my Audi and it worked perfectly. I would have bought a 2022 without TJA if I knew 2023 TJA doesn’t work. Please keep us posted!
Old 06-26-2024, 03:35 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just picked up a 2023 Macan GTS with LKA/TJA and am disappointed to read that the feature does not work as advertised. Traded my 2015 Cayman GTS for the Macan and was looking forward to using the feature. Our 2025 MINI Countryman has level 2 autonomous driving and it's great on the highway.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:57 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 530 Likes on 324 Posts

I've wondered why I could never get Traffic Jam Assist to work on the loaner Macans I've been provided since buying a new Cayenne in 2022. I'd be super pissed about this if I had a Macan. I'm actually not sure that TJA is working in my Cayenne. It has InnoDrive which includes Active Lane Centering and supposedly also includes TJA. Active Lane Centering works well in traffic jams and at all speeds but I'm not sure that I'm getting the additional functionality that TJA is supposed to provide. One would think that there would be some sort of indication when TJA is active. It seems odd that TJA was mentioned in the sales literature for my Cayenne but that I can't find any mention of it in my Cayenne owners manual. I'm starting to wonder if this TJA issue involves more Porsche models than just the Macan.
Old Today, 04:08 PM
irysfan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The main issue that Porsche doesn't tell you is that if LKA/TJA actually works and these cars can drive itself, then it's no longer a Porsche and no real Porsche engineers would want to work on this. I would say that LKA/TJA not working is "working as intended" for a Porsche.

I spec'ed mine with LKA and tried LKA/TJA on 2023 loaner and it never really worked well enough on the roads here so it's a throw away feature IMO but at the price lower than a pair of Porsche N-spec tires, it doesn't hurt to have it in case friends & family want to try it out.
Old Today, 04:26 PM
nevil
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

If nothing else, it's another on the list of options for when it comes time to sell the car.
Old Today, 07:19 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 530 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by irysfan
The main issue that Porsche doesn't tell you is that if LKA/TJA actually works and these cars can drive itself, then it's no longer a Porsche and no real Porsche engineers would want to work on this. I would say that LKA/TJA not working is "working as intended" for a Porsche.
Well that's obviously not the case since the Taycan, Cayenne, Panamera and 911 with the InnoDrive option can all essentially drive themselves at just about any speed as long as there are decent lane lanes or well defined pavement edges and a hand touches the steering wheel when prompted. InnoDrive on these four models is supposed to include Traffic Jam Assist. My interest in this thread as a Cayenne owner is because I cannot tell when Traffic Jam Assist is active or if it ever is. InnoDrive itself can automatically steer my Cayenne in traffic jams down to zero mph but I would expect there to be some notification when TJA is active. I'd also like to know how to get TJA to function when I get a Macan loaner since all the loaners I've gotten from the Porsche dealership so far have been Macans.

Last edited by Woofman; Today at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Traffic Jam Assist