Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Bought a used 2020 Macan S, engine tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 11:16 AM
jwalz1
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bought a used 2020 Macan S, engine tunes?

Hello,

I bought a 2020 Macan and had a question about tunes, more specifically those who have taken the plunge. I have a 981 Cayman S and have used Softronic and recommend it. I was looking at their tune for the Macan, my local Porsche specialty repair shop actually encourages owners to try engine tunes and sells Softronic.

I have done some research online about the EA839 Audi 3.0 turbo engine in the Macan S. There are reports of early rocker arm problems that were supposedly sorted out with updated parts by the time of the 2019 Macan S adoption of that engine. I also saw reports of multiple failures, all cylinder 6 in in hot climates using the Integrated Engineering early tunes. The Integrated Engineering website shows their "Stage 1" tune is over 500 Hp and 500 ft/lbs which to me seems like overkill. The Softronic site advertises just over 400 hp and torques which seems fairly reasonable and not that extreme.

The car I purchased has 30,000 miles, was given a clean PPI, and seems in good condition with records of regular oil changes. I plan to put about 7,000 miles per year as a second car/road trip vehicle and hope to run it up to 100,000 miles or ten years regular maintenance and hopefully hassle free. My mechanic says with a mild tune it should be no problem, but he also fixes Porsches for a living at hefty hourly rates. I actually drive fairly sedately in regular driving, but when highway entrance is open, or I need to pass someone annoying, I like to punch it and I would enjoy some more power. I don't flog cars daily.

I am hoping for some feedback from anyone that has tweaked a Macan, and more specifically the 3.0 T, your experience, problems, miles post tune, brand, and anything in general you might want to add.

Thanks for any feedback. Cheers.

Last edited by jwalz1; 03-06-2024 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought a used 2020 Macan S, engine tunes?