Macan 2014-Current

no heat in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 01:16 AM
megaedyman
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no heat in cabin

hello, i checked the fuses and they seem good. i changed the coolant control valve on the drivers side fender and its still not working. I did have a lot of water damage in the passengers glove box. i cleaned out all the moonroof drains and luckily the water stopped coming in when it rains. i found some corrosion on one of the connectors under the blower motor which was not working either, but it seems to be working after I cleaned it with connector cleaner. can anyone guide me to how to fix the no heat issue? i also checked the vents to be working when i change the settings but there is just no heat. what am i missing? thank you
Old 03-01-2024, 03:50 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by megaedyman
hello, i checked the fuses and they seem good. i changed the coolant control valve on the drivers side fender and its still not working. I did have a lot of water damage in the passengers glove box. i cleaned out all the moonroof drains and luckily the water stopped coming in when it rains. i found some corrosion on one of the connectors under the blower motor which was not working either, but it seems to be working after I cleaned it with connector cleaner. can anyone guide me to how to fix the no heat issue? i also checked the vents to be working when i change the settings but there is just no heat. what am i missing? thank you
Did you scan for codes? What was the result?
Old 03-01-2024, 04:20 PM
megaedyman
6th Gear

Originally Posted by chassis
Did you scan for codes? What was the result?
i did and didnt find any. i am using the icarsoft computer I bought at Amazon for like 120 bucks. It doesn’t read any. I’m stumped
Old 03-01-2024, 09:53 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

No heat and clogged sunroof drains are unrelated. What's going on with this car?

How long have you owned it, how many miles on it and what service has been done in the past 12 months?
Old 03-02-2024, 12:15 AM
megaedyman
6th Gear

It’s originally my coworkers car and she’s maintained it very well but she mentioned that she had no heat and said if I could look at it, I noticed that the blower motor wasn’t working and I originally thought that was a reason but it wasn’t working because water was getting into the glove box And causing some kind of short so after diagnosing it, I thought it was the drains from the sunroof which I cleaned out and unclogged. I also cleaned out the connectors that had some rust in them for the blower motor so they are working fine but the original issue was no heat. It worked for a bit but then it stopped working again
Old 03-02-2024, 05:46 AM
Jim Wilke
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 88 Posts

Turn the temps way up. I live in Alaska and routinely have the temp set at 78 to be comfortable. My 911 is set at 71. I have no idea why they are so different... but they are. I've had 3 Macans, all were cold in the cabin.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:28 AM
megaedyman
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jim Wilke
Turn the temps way up. I live in Alaska and routinely have the temp set at 78 to be comfortable. My 911 is set at 71. I have no idea why they are so different... but they are. I've had 3 Macans, all were cold in the cabin.
I did turn the heat all the way up. Any software or manual you guys can recommend for the vehicle?
Old 03-02-2024, 10:06 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Do the vents (registers) all function properly?

Is the coolant reservoir at the proper level?

Please list all of the troubleshooting you have done. What has been posted so far is not substantial.
Old 03-07-2024, 01:00 AM
megaedyman
6th Gear

Do the vents (registers) all function properly?

Is the coolant reservoir at the proper level?

Please list all of the troubleshooting you have done. What has been posted so far is not substantial.
checked the coolant and it’s at spec level. Vents seem to be working fine.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:07 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

So, is the blower motor working? If so, try old-school stuff.

Coolant is at correct level? Thermostat good? Heat/cool doors opening? Heater core plugged?

Good luck...
Old 03-07-2024, 10:41 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Always good to check the obvious - is the engine warmed up? You haven't given us an exhaustive test of HVAC function using all fan speeds, vent modes, temperature setting and engine rpms.

Do lots of testing and tell us what you find.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:29 AM
megaedyman
6th Gear

Always good to check the obvious - is the engine warmed up? You haven't given us an exhaustive test of HVAC function using all fan speeds, vent modes, temperature setting and engine rpms.

Do lots of testing and tell us what you find.
do you know the first time I checked it I shook the lines under the fender on the driver side and the heater started working for a few days, so I naturally replaced the electric valve and it worked again for a few days and then it stopped working again. I’m thinking maybe it’s the connector of that electric valve? Or why would you explain the heater working after I shake those lines?
The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 10:35 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by megaedyman
do you know the first time I checked it I shook the lines under the fender on the driver side and the heater started working for a few days, so I naturally replaced the electric valve and it worked again for a few days and then it stopped working again. I’m thinking maybe it’s the connector of that electric valve? Or why would you explain the heater working after I shake those lines?
What kind of "lines"? Wires or hoses?

Quick Reply: no heat in cabin