Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Driver side motor mount removal??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 03:26 PM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Driver side motor mount removal??

Hey guys -- doing motor mounts ('16 Macan 3.0 engine). Already have the subframe down and the pass mount off -- the driver side, the turbo is literally in the way of the motor mount bolt. Do I really have to remove the whole turbo to get to the motor mount bolt? I havent read anywhere that this was a step in the process, so am I missing something? thanks!
Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2023, 04:12 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 283 Likes on 190 Posts

Maybe it would be easier to remove the wastegate actuator to be able to access the mount bolt.
Yeah...the Porsche V6 engine is nightmare to work on.........
Old 12-09-2023, 05:28 PM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by VAGfan
Maybe it would be easier to remove the wastegate actuator to be able to access the mount bolt.
Yeah...the Porsche V6 engine is nightmare to work on.........
Appreciate the idea! I took off the actuator mount and C clip and let it hang by the hose, used a smaller 3/8" 18mm with 3 long extensions and 1 short one to get it past the bumper (extensions touch the oil return line, but you still get a good enough connection on the bolt head), a 3ft breaker bar and had to torch it for about 60sec. Even then I had to put a million pounds of body weight on it before it broke loose haha. I have the highest powered Milwaukee impacts and none of them would budge it on this side (pass side was a breeze). Thankfully everything came out clean and no stripped threads!!

Appreciate the heads up!

Quick Reply: Driver side motor mount removal??