Macan 2014-Current

2023 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 11:40 AM
JC3
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2023 Macan GTS

Recently picked up a '23 Macan GTS and boy this car is fun to drive!!! Starting to look at some mods to improve the overall look!!

Wheel spacers, going to order some Flat 6 spacers!

For lowering, I've seen a few options out there but I'm gravitating towards the CETE module. Question for those who've done it-----have you had any issues with voiding warranty with the module? My dealer already indicated they would not do the PIWIS option to lower the car. So I was just curious about warranty for those that have installed it. I've been in touch with Flat 6 and they said you can set it back to stock height and should be fine. I just wonder with all the tech out there, the dealer could see a module was installed and try to void warranty if there ever was a suspension issue?

Thanks all in advance for any replies!
Old 11-09-2023, 12:08 PM
nemo06
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JC3
Recently picked up a '23 Macan GTS and boy this car is fun to drive!!! Starting to look at some mods to improve the overall look!!

For lowering, I've seen a few options out there but I'm gravitating towards the CETE module. Question for those who've done it-----have you had any issues with voiding warranty with the module? My dealer already indicated they would not do the PIWIS option to lower the car. So I was just curious about warranty for those that have installed it. I've been in touch with Flat 6 and they said you can set it back to stock height and should be fine. I just wonder with all the tech out there, the dealer could see a module was installed and try to void warranty if there ever was a suspension issue?

Why do you want to ruin a perfect car?
The following 3 users liked this post by nemo06:
c1pher (11-12-2023), Llarry (11-12-2023), Russian Mafia (11-10-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 12:11 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by nemo06
Lowering and spacers are always improvements in my world.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:35 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JC3

I installed the CETE module on my 2017 GTS and it was fairly easy if you're mechanically inclined. Setting it up via the app isn't exactly straight forward but it's not hard. Loved the results. My GTS is the the white with black wheels on the Flat 6 website. I will say that I probably spent several hours fine tuning the ride heights but that's just because I am a little OCD. Difference in ride quality was only noticeable on the lowest settings. Handling was improved with the lower CG and loved the lock of it when parked
Old 11-10-2023, 04:45 AM
nemo06
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Lowering and spacers are always improvements in my world.
Excuse me if I take the liberty, but, in your world, are Porsche engineers incompetent?
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 04:55 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Excuse me if I take the liberty, but, in your world, are Porsche engineers incompetent?
While I am not a fan of spacers or excessive lowering, any engineer who works on a street car project needs to balance performance and aesthetics with safety, environmental/emissions regs., comfort/NVH, cost, product life/reliability, and timing constraints. The final product is a compromise of those factors and the end-user can exploit those and tune to their liking.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 11-10-2023 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:30 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Wow. Purchaser is all excited about his new car, wants to share his excitement and get some advice, then runs into some holier-than-thou pretentious replies. Nice. Really nice.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:19 PM
JC3
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Will in Evergree
Wow. Purchaser is all excited about his new car, wants to share his excitement and get some advice, then runs into some holier-than-thou pretentious replies. Nice. Really nice.
No kidding... might as well go to the Macan forums where people are a little more welcoming. Tough crowd here!
The following 2 users liked this post by JC3:
NJR1986 (11-11-2023), Zeus993 (11-12-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 04:20 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

You ok man?
Old 11-11-2023, 09:27 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JC3
No kidding... might as well go to the Macan forums where people are a little more welcoming. Tough crowd here!
This happens with all public forums. Ignore those comments you don't like, the majority of members here are very knowledgeable and more than eager to help.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:53 AM
NJR1986
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Love when people just regurgitate other bull**** they've read on the forums. Do you brother, congrats on the new GTS.

Not sure why people even bother to lend an opinion other than to answer the OP question. Just move on, actually easier to ignore.

We need some pics of your new GTS, before and after!
Old 11-11-2023, 11:29 AM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
Default CETE FTW

Get the cable adaptor from F6– maybe a 1 hour install job. -20F -22 R is what they run (me too). Set to stock when dealer w/o unit removal— no problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Van Larson:
BMinSFL (11-12-2023), fjpdds (11-20-2023)
Old 11-11-2023, 11:41 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Van Larson
Set to stock when dealer w/o unit removal— no problem.
​​​​​​No problem with a normal service visit but if there is a specific issue with the air suspension, does the unit leave any traces once removed? That's the OP's question and I'll guess they are unlikely to find a definite answer. In the end, that may be a good thing that there aren't many reported issues from users of the lowering modules.
Old 11-12-2023, 09:16 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 449 Posts

I love mine just as it is, but to each their own.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:44 AM
Bezlar
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 55 Posts

I had the cete on my s5. I loved it. I was going to put it on my gts but decided it was pretty low already so left it alone. Install was easy and I never had an issue with my dealer. It did give me a few suspension errors sometimes on start up but always went away after another start. Not sure if it was the cete that caused them or not or just some random gremlins.

porsche engineers are not always right in the looks department.

Quick Reply: 2023 Macan GTS