Macan 2014-Current

Sport Exhaust Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 10:39 AM
Indy300
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sport Exhaust Retrofit

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy an early model Macan. I love the sound of the sport exhaust. Is it possible to easily swap the stock mufflers with sport exhaust mufflers? I'm hoping that the mufflers are interchangeable. I'm not interested in the $3k retrofit kit to install a console button. Is it possible to keep the exhaust valves in the open position so that a console button is not needed?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2023, 06:38 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question but, if I were contemplating it, I would just purchase the SOUL Muffler Delete System. Awesome sound, easy installation and high quality saving you time, trouble and money. Every time we fire it up, we're glad we purchased ours.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:33 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Swapping the factory stock for the sport exhaust is not difficult (standard bolt on/bolt off exhaust work, although some rusty bolts can make it more difficult). You cannot control the valves without the factory wiring harness and switch though, at least not in the typical way.
You may, however, be able to just safety wire the valves always open. Or you could install an aftermarket Electronic Exhaust Valve Controller. There are several options for aftermarket modules (Google it) you can install to give you control over the exhaust valves, HOWEVER I think these systems just jumper into the factory sport exhaust wiring harness, which if you don't install it then it may not be possible.

To me it would just be easier to go with an aftermarket non-valved sport exhaust as recommended by @NC TRACKRAT above.

Last edited by Nickshu; 10-28-2023 at 10:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NC TRACKRAT (10-28-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 03:10 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 189 Posts

It doesn't look too bad.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skug3spse95b.html

install at the local shop and dealer to program to activate it?

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust Retrofit