Macan 2014-Current

Macan T - Spec and Delivery Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2023 | 10:56 PM
DButcher
Rennlist Member

Default Macan T - Spec and Delivery Questions

Hey all,

I am wanting to order a Macan T as a simple daily to complement my 992 911 C4S (which is basically a daily lol).

Here’s my current spec: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRNHA354

Any opinions?

Two two options I am struggling with the most are Air Suspension and PTV+. Some reviewers say the T comes with PASM and therefore doesn’t need air sus (or find it odd for a T) and some say it’s a must. I will drive it in the winter in Ohio and on mountain roads in TN. I just don’t want to miss out on handling performance - obviously don’t care about “speed” as it’s a T lol.

Lastly - any idea how long order to delivery is? Is euro delivery (Leipzig) available / quick nowadays on Macan?

Last edited by DButcher; 09-10-2023 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2023 | 11:48 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

I think the ride quality of my T without air suspension is great.

I do think that air suspension T/GTS models do look good when on the lowered height setting..but that wasn’t enough to make it worth it for me.

I think pdls+ and lane keep assist are wastes of money.

My car has the standard glass and is pretty much Lexus quiet at all times…so im not sure I would invest in the optional glass.

No opinion on PTV, but I think it’s probably of questionable value on a 4cyl Macan, and I’ve read that it wears out the rear brakes faster.

Get the 360 degree camera, trust me. I use it constantly.

I would also strongly consider the sport exhaust. My car doesn’t have it, and I’ve never heard it..but I would imagine it must sound way better than the standard exhaust which is spectacularly boring.
Old 09-11-2023 | 12:07 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
I think the ride quality of my T without air suspension is great.

I do think that air suspension T/GTS models do look good when on the lowered height setting..but that wasn’t enough to make it worth it for me.

I think pdls+ and lane keep assist are wastes of money.

My car has the standard glass and is pretty much Lexus quiet at all times…so im not sure I would invest in the optional glass.

No opinion on PTV, but I think it’s probably of questionable value on a 4cyl Macan, and I’ve read that it wears out the rear brakes faster.

Get the 360 degree camera, trust me. I use it constantly.

I would also strongly consider the sport exhaust. My car doesn’t have it, and I’ve never heard it..but I would imagine it must sound way better than the standard exhaust which is spectacularly boring.
I concur with all of the above. I have PTV on my GTS and it's not significantly more brake wear. But YMMV.
Old 09-11-2023 | 01:32 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

I have a base 2023 Macan with air. I bought it CPO, so it was an added bonus. I don't think the ride quality is that different from PASM steel suspension, but the look of the lowered suspension is fantastic. I wouldn't order a new Macan without the air suspension. If you don't care about the look, skip it.
Old 09-18-2023 | 06:04 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC48
I have a base 2023 Macan with air. I bought it CPO, so it was an added bonus. I don't think the ride quality is that different from PASM steel suspension, but the look of the lowered suspension is fantastic. I wouldn't order a new Macan without the air suspension. If you don't care about the look, skip it.
I have a 22 GTS with air suspension. Folks mention the look but the lower stance also improves the handling due to the lower CG of the car. This is significant IMHO and way more important than the looks. I think air suspension also has an elevated "off road" mode which may come in handy in bad weather traversing roads with standing water.
Old 09-19-2023 | 12:17 AM
mrclam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DButcher
Hey all,

I am wanting to order a Macan T as a simple daily to complement my 992 911 C4S (which is basically a daily lol).

Here’s my current spec: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRNHA354

Any opinions?

Two two options I am struggling with the most are Air Suspension and PTV+. Some reviewers say the T comes with PASM and therefore doesn’t need air sus (or find it odd for a T) and some say it’s a must. I will drive it in the winter in Ohio and on mountain roads in TN. I just don’t want to miss out on handling performance - obviously don’t care about “speed” as it’s a T lol.

Lastly - any idea how long order to delivery is? Is euro delivery (Leipzig) available / quick nowadays on Macan?
I recently got a Macan T and had a similar set of choices (I had a cayman as my other car). I went with air suspension because I wanted the lower ride height and cg, and I'm quite pleased with the choice. I've driven a few base macans as loaners and can't say that any of them really felt floaty, but given I've been used to a very stiff suspension, I have no regrets about going with air. My ex-wife's Q5, by contrast, drove me crazy.

Old 09-19-2023 | 08:51 AM
doug751
Racer

The air suspension is nice if you are ordering a car and have the money to pay for it.

Last edited by doug751; 09-19-2023 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Mood
Old 09-19-2023 | 11:11 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

The air suspension on my S is one of my favorite options… not only for the ability to raise and lower the car, but the ride quality and handling are amazing too!
Old 09-20-2023 | 05:51 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Off Road height is great for cleaning the car, too. I'm not getting any younger.
The following users liked this post:
boyce89976 (09-20-2023)
Old 09-21-2023 | 03:01 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

I have a 2023 Macan T w/o air that I bought as a DD. Its handling and agility IMO is excellent for a compact SUV in the T configuration without AS.

Ditto on the surround view. I use it every time I drive the T....and my 992 GTS for that matter.

Quick Reply: Macan T - Spec and Delivery Questions