Macan 2014-Current

PDLS question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 06:10 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts
Default PDLS question

On a new Macan 2022 GTS, my build sheet has the Premium Package Plus with "LED headlights in black incl. PDLS+". But I don't seem to have the bright lights auto dimming function. I thought the car auto dimmed the brights when the camera sensed oncoming cars but my car does not. Also, it does not have the green "headlight /A icon" that indicates the function is engaged in my speedo/tach when I first turn on the ignition (thought all lamps should light to show they function). When I activate high beams (stalk forward once), my blue high beam indicator comes on and not the green/A one. Only thing I can think of is I was not going over 35 MPH when I tested this. Am I missing something?
Old 07-28-2023, 06:32 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 556 Posts

Haven't read the manual lately, but engaging it is something like hold the hi beam stalk either in bright or dimmed. Mine works, but not under 35 mph.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:05 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 947 Likes on 447 Posts

It may be turned off in your settings. I'm not a fan so mine are deactivated.
Old 07-29-2023, 10:41 AM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

I deactivated mine. It seems like if there is any ambient light (street lights, bright signs, etc.) the headlights stay on dim. I like to use my brights unless there is oncoming traffic or unless I'm following another car. The automatic function seemed like it only used brights if I was on an isolated very dark road...
The following users liked this post:
verstraete (07-29-2023)
Old 07-29-2023, 05:36 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mvmojo
I deactivated mine. It seems like if there is any ambient light (street lights, bright signs, etc.) the headlights stay on dim. I like to use my brights unless there is oncoming traffic or unless I'm following another car. The automatic function seemed like it only used brights if I was on an isolated very dark road...
Found the settings under exterior lighting, and mine was disabled (unchecked box under Highbeam assist).

Like you I prefer it that way. I can dim my own lights when needed/required.

Quick Reply: PDLS question