Macan 2014-Current

Brake Pad Sensor reset?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 06:23 PM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Pad Sensor reset?

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone can shed some insight on the front brake pad sensors- warning, brake pads low indicator on the dash? Is there any way to reset the warning via a scan tool or inside the vehicle? I just change the pads on the front with new sensors and I’m still getting the warning, I did the rears this past February, so those are practically new. Also changing those sensors as well without issue. The new sensors are not Porsche but a ATE, is there a possibility that the new sensors I purchased for the front are faulty? I do not want to have to go and buy Porsche sensors and revisit the job if I don’t have to… I was also contemplating on disconnecting the battery to perform a reset in hopes of clearing the warning, but did not want to go that route unless I had to. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:34 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 564 Likes on 381 Posts

Quite possibly a faulty sensor. Had the same thing just happened on my Cayenne. I used an old one with the wires clipped and twisted together the complete the circuit and went around to each corner until I found the faulty sensor
Old 06-26-2023, 09:59 PM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95_993
Quite possibly a faulty sensor. Had the same thing just happened on my Cayenne. I used an old one with the wires clipped and twisted together the complete the circuit and went around to each corner until I found the faulty sensor
thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing- make a jumper, close the circuit. I foolishly tossed the old sensors. I can make a jumper and test each side. Jeez what a pain.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:17 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 119 Posts

Do you have an icarsoft? I've used mine on a few occasions to retract the rear piston, and clear all faults. Recently I found that it's easy to break the sensors. So, this last time I ordered extra. Mine is an '18.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:12 PM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
Do you have an icarsoft? I've used mine on a few occasions to retract the rear piston, and clear all faults. Recently I found that it's easy to break the sensors. So, this last time I ordered extra. Mine is an '18.
yup i have icarsoft - wish there was a way to clear the code. I tried to find the parameter but to no avail. According to their website you should be able to…
Old 06-27-2023, 08:22 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sabeo.m
yup i have icarsoft - wish there was a way to clear the code. I tried to find the parameter but to no avail. According to their website you should be able to…
When you move the rear piston back in place, once done it will ask if you want to clear any faults. If you did just fronts, move rears in then back out to get the option to clear the faults.

Anyone know how to clear faults for just the fronts? I do not.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:00 PM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
When you move the rear piston back in place, once done it will ask if you want to clear any faults. If you did just fronts, move rears in then back out to get the option to clear the faults.

Anyone know how to clear faults for just the fronts? I do not.
dang I’ll give it a go!