Best looking Macan I have seen.
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (08-19-2023)
Old 06-16-2023 | 05:50 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cactus
Best looking Macan I have seen.
Thank you, that's a very nice compliment. I'm happy with how it's turning out.
Old 07-31-2023 | 08:43 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Few updates:
  • Installed Thule rack in preparation for Yakima Skyrise HD roof top tent
  • Painted calipers gloss black
  • Wrapped rear spoiler in black PPF
Looks cooked to me. Can't think of anything else I'd like to do. For now...

The following 3 users liked this post by Wilder:
mrcarlo (08-03-2023), Pablos007 (10-09-2023), rs_t (10-29-2023)
Old 08-01-2023 | 09:22 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

It looks fantastic and like a future version of the Macan with all of the extra details you have added.

Two minor nits that pop out to me if you are looking to do more things.

1. The wheel center caps almost match but appear mismatched. With all of the black on the car, it may look better with the oem satin black center caps. I did that on my set of forged GT reps since the aftermarket caps didn't look/fit as good as OEM. I can post a photo if you want to see it, or go to post 424 here. I bought both the b/w and gold multi colored versions.

​https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-macan/1071697-post-pics-of-your-macan-31.html

2. The exhaust tips look a bit too far out from the body compared to the OEM setups.

Amazing job on this build!

Last edited by BMinSFL; 08-01-2023 at 09:26 PM.
Santanamoda (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023 | 02:27 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@BMinSFL thank you! kindly Funny enough I had that same thought about the black center caps and forgot to mention it when I was getting them painted. The are the same color as the wheel but I guess the lighting of that picture made them look a different shade. And agree about the tips but I have Remus exhaust and there is no adjustment.
Old 08-03-2023 | 05:11 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Originally Posted by Wilder
@BMinSFL thank you! kindly Funny enough I had that same thought about the black center caps and forgot to mention it when I was getting them painted. The are the same color as the wheel but I guess the lighting of that picture made them look a different shade. And agree about the tips but I have Remus exhaust and there is no adjustment.
Nice, my just be lighting of the different materials at that angle, I didn't notice it in other photos.

There's always an adjustment for exhaust but will likely involve a custom chop of a few inches somewhere along the line or new tips welded on.
Wilder (08-03-2023)
Old 08-03-2023 | 11:50 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@BMinSFL thank you. Love your black Macan by the way. My 992T is black with silver wheels.
BMinSFL (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023 | 04:54 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

Originally Posted by Wilder
@BMinSFL thank you. Love your black Macan by the way. My 992T is black with silver wheels.
Thank you, I would love to see a photo of that beauty, a classic color combo.
Old 08-06-2023 | 07:26 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Yakima Skyrise installed. First night trying it out. Fantastic!

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
Thank you, I would love to see a photo of that beauty, a classic color combo.
Happy to. It's also black and (GT) silver inside.

BMinSFL (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023 | 11:38 PM
xanderdbs
Rennlist Member

Default Turbo GT

I Love the way this build turned out.
perhaps a TechArt Tailgate Spoiler will give it the Coupe appearance of the T

urbo GT

Old 08-16-2023 | 05:00 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Originally Posted by xanderdbs
perhaps a TechArt Tailgate Spoiler will give it the Coupe appearance of the T

urbo GT
That's what I think when I see that, it definitely replicates the lines of the Cayenne coupe rear hatch.
Old 08-16-2023 | 07:52 AM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Very interesting and tasteful upgrade and I love your choice of color for the wheels as that is close to what I want to do on my wife's Macan S to coordinate with the camel interior. I really like the subtle wheel arch extentions and may consider those painted white in the future , since my our side blade is color matched ( our preference ). Like so many have commented , you have made little changes that give your Macan a great look and frankly it looks factory, so kudos on a beautifully executed new look !
Old 08-19-2023 | 02:58 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xanderdbs
perhaps a TechArt Tailgate Spoiler will give it the Coupe appearance of the Turbo GT
Originally Posted by BMinSFL
That's what I think when I see that, it definitely replicates the lines of the Cayenne coupe rear hatch.
Thank you guys. I had the same idea and held myself back from pulling the trigger because I'm concerned it may be too big. Too big could start looking a bit racer boy. Haven't discarded the idea though.

Originally Posted by WillyDaP
Very interesting and tasteful upgrade and I love your choice of color for the wheels as that is close to what I want to do on my wife's Macan S to coordinate with the camel interior. I really like the subtle wheel arch extentions and may consider those painted white in the future , since my our side blade is color matched ( our preference ). Like so many have commented , you have made little changes that give your Macan a great look and frankly it looks factory, so kudos on a beautifully executed new look !
Thank you. Glad I changed from satin gunmetal to satin Neodyme. Gunmetal looked too much like black most of the time and I'm not a fan of white cars with black wheels. The pic below is my car half way through the process. There are many widebody kits for the Macan and Techart is the only one that is subtle and tasteful to my eye. The other ones are too big. The look great painted too (see Techart pic). Mine is the only one I've seen with them unpainted and I prefer the Dakar/Cross Turismo/Turbo GT look. The body of the Macan can look quite tall compared to that of the Cayenne Coupe and the black pieces along with the black roof shrink it down and make it appear lower, flatter and sportier.

Old 02-03-2024 | 03:57 AM
joe_ali
5th Gear

Hi, what size wheels/offset did you go with? I bought the techArt kit and I am looking to order a custom forged concave set and can't figure out the best width/offset to go with without needing spacers. Do You have spacers on yours?
Old 02-03-2024 | 11:10 AM
GP20
Advanced

Where did you buy the 21" GT replica wheels if you don't mind sharing? Thank you!

Quick Reply: Wilder's Widebody Macan Turbo PP Build Journal