Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Where can I download an owners manual for 2023 Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 03:13 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Yeah, CPO dealer will send the manual (supposedly on its way, along with the documents), but wanted to know how to check the coolant before that. I didn't like seeing just water drip from the cap. As I mentioned, it has a slight coolant smell, but the water didn't even stain a white shop towel. By the way, what color is the coolant supposed to be? Need to buy a gallon at dealer, to have it handy to top it off. Just hope dealer used at least distilled water. But they should have used 50/50. Geez. Guess will wait until manual arrives, to see exactly how to check level. It's behind the black plastic, so can't see crap. Unless I'm supposed to remove that big part, but hope that's not the case. I'd have to climb on top of the engine to reach the stupid cap. These Germans have to make everything more complicated than it has to be. Ha ha. But thanks for the help gang.
Old 07-14-2024, 08:37 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
Hey gang, I revived this thread because I cannot find the manual anywhere. Apparently we cannot download it, which is a shame, but I can't find it to see how to check the coolant level on my new-to-me 2022 GTS. My ex-2018 Sport Edition had the coolant reservoir right there. This thing just has a cap by the windshield, but also has a tab, and can't figure out how to open it. It's hard, and don't want to break anything. I assume after opening the cap, there will be like a dipstick, similar to my ex-Cayman GTS, right? Any help welcome. Thanks guys.
Had the same issue with my new 22 GTS. Posted the same inquiry and a sharp Rennlister (cannot remember his name) suggested shining a bright flashlight at the top of the coolant reservior. Then look through the grill just to the left and you can see the liquid levels. Nice that Porsche uses purple coolant as it is easy to see the levels through this grill. There is no dipstick to my knowledge and getting you eyes to look down into an open reservior is nearly impossible unless you climb onto the engine itself.
Old 07-16-2024, 02:18 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Thank you very much for your help. Will take a look, and see what I can see. Need to buy a gallon of coolant to top it off when needed. Good to know it should be purple. The top of the cap just had clear water, so hope CPO dealer didn't top it off with water. Will post observations here. Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2024, 08:11 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Maybe your reservoir cap just had condensation on its underside. A Porsche dealer would not top off the reservoir with water. Also, if you are losing coolant, you have a bigger issue - maybe a slight leak somewhere. The base 4-cylinder engines have issues in and around the reservoir. My 2018 Q5 had the coolant system warranty extended to 80K. Not sure of the 6-cylinder models.

Quick Reply: Where can I download an owners manual for 2023 Macan?