Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019+ Macan S Coolant pipe chafing/potential failure point.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 02:18 PM
blepski
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 2019+ Macan S Coolant pipe chafing/potential failure point.

During a routine 30k mile service on our 2021 Macan S (EA839) I noticed that a section of the long plastic coolant vent pipe (from the coolant expansion tank under the windshield, down the left side of the engine compartment and across to the front of both cylinder heads) had been chafing on the throttle body housing. The pipe beneath the sheathing appears undamaged and I'm happy to have found it before potentially failing at that point and potentially causing a coolant loss related breakdown.

I have heard that this pipe can also be an issue on the first gen (2015-2018) Macan S so I do plan to preventatively replace it at some point but to avoid potential future damage it appears that additional sheathing will be required similar to what I have added in the picture below.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this or has suffered a break down as a result. If so please share your findings and if the damage looks similar to mine I'd recommend adding a small section of hose (cut lengthwise to fit) to buffer the pipe from any further damage.

Thank you!

Last edited by blepski; 01-30-2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:22 PM
2am
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the heads up. Will put some tape on mine if that is the case.

Quick Reply: 2019+ Macan S Coolant pipe chafing/potential failure point.