Macan 2014-Current

Warranty and General first time questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 01:05 PM
Sze5003
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Warranty and General first time questions

I love my new car (new to me), a 2021 CPO Macan I picked up recently.

Wanted some insight into the following:

Servicing and maintenance of course dealer told me to only bring it to them for maintenance, specifically the dealer I purchased from which is an hour away.

How critical is this to keeping warranty? If I want to go to an indie will that bite me in the butt later if I need warranty work? I found a really good indie like 25 minutes from where I live.

Its not about the money I know it will be expensive at the dealer vs the independent mechanic but I'm thinking while it is currently under warranty until like 2027 there may be some benefit for one vs the other?

Wiper blades: I'm assuming I can just buy any blades and snap them on as I have for all other cars I've owned?

Wiper washer fluid: Any specific brand people use in their Macan?

Old 01-19-2023, 01:31 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

You can take it to any Porsche dealer.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:02 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 453 Likes on 305 Posts

Use any Porsche dealer you like, you'll have NO issues. If you use an independent shop, make sure they strictly follow Porsche's maintenance schedule and keep all work receipts. I personally use Porsche dealers for service while the car is under warranty as it falls within my comfort zone. Windshield wipers and fluid can be replaced by anyone competent enough to handle it. Any quality branded fluid will work.
Enjoy your new Macan.

Last edited by DBH; 01-19-2023 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:15 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

One thing to consider, if you have plans to extend the CPO warranty even further you'll need the service records to be up to date from a Porsche dealer. If there are no service records in their system they could give you an issue on the CPO extension (if that is something you might consider down the road).
Old 01-19-2023, 03:43 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Without knowing where you are located, it's difficult to accurately answer your question. In the US, it doesn't matter where or who services your vehicle so long as it's done correctly and with parts that meet or exceed manufacturer standards. It is a violation of the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act to not honor a warranty for not using the dealer for service. All my vehicles have been serviced by a mix of myself, independents, and dealers and not a single time have I had an issue obtaining warranty coverage on an issue where warranty coverage is justified.

Wipers are wipers. I prefer Bosch as they have the German attachment style so they just pop right in. For the most part, Macans don't require any special level of anything. For washer fluid, the only one I avoid is Rain-X only because I had read of issues with the level sensor when using Rain-X for some reason on some VW and Audis and with Macans sharing so many parts with Audis, I prefer to not risk it. I know many swear by Rain-X. To each their own. I rarely use the washer fluid up anyways as I hate that it gets everywhere. Washer fluid is like $2 a jug. YMMV.

Last edited by rasetsu; 01-19-2023 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:29 PM
Sze5003
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Without knowing where you are located, it's difficult to accurately answer your question. In the US, it doesn't matter where or who services your vehicle so long as it's done correctly and with parts that meet or exceed manufacturer standards. It is a violation of the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act to not honor a warranty for not using the dealer for service. All my vehicles have been serviced by a mix of myself, independents, and dealers and not a single time have I had an issue obtaining warranty coverage on an issue where warranty coverage is justified.

Wipers are wipers. I prefer Bosch as they have the German attachment style so they just pop right in. For the most part, Macans don't require any special level of anything. For washer fluid, the only one I avoid is Rain-X only because I had read of issues with the level sensor when using Rain-X for some reason on some VW and Audis and with Macans sharing so many parts with Audis, I prefer to not risk it. I know many swear by Rain-X. To each their own. I rarely use the washer fluid up anyways as I hate that it gets everywhere. Washer fluid is like $2 a jug. YMMV.
Thanks, I'm in the northeast, PA specifically and I do have a couple of dealerships near me. I'm not even sure the Porsche dealer in Delaware where I bought the car had the service records electronically. I had to get them to send me copies of the 10k service as well as the CPO certification repair/work order.

​​​​​​It sounds like as long as I get the work order paperwork and the paperwork aligns with the required maintenance intervals service items, everything should be fine.

I'll probably just use the dealer while it is in warranty so I'll shop around the dealer prices because I do think they will have different prices..and while Delaware is about 50 min away, there is no tax there.
​​​​​

Quick Reply: Warranty and General first time questions