Macan 2014-Current

New Build - New to Porsche Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023 | 11:05 AM
Quicks6
8th Gear

Default New Build - New to Porsche Macan GTS

Hello everyone,

Excited to say I have just placed an order on a new Macan GTS. Coming from a Model 3 Performance.

Always wanted to be in a Porsche, one day ending up in a GT3 (fingers crossed)

Including my build list below, let me know what you think, anything to add, remove etc?

Would also like to know if the timeline my dealer has given me is realistic. They are saying April delivery (Live in Markham Ontario)

MSRP Options and Packages
95BBW1 - Macan GTS
AMU - Model Designation on Doors in Red
KA6 - Surround View
PU3 - Premium Plus Package
- Panoramic Roof System
- Seat Ventilation (Front)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Heated Seats (Front and Rear)
- Tinted LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light
System Plus (PDLS +)
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Power Seats (14-Way) w/ Memory Package
1N3 - Power Steering Plus
1Y1 - Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
2PJ - Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather
2V4 - Ionizer
4GR - Heated Windshield
5MH - Interior Trim in Carbon Fibre
5ZF - Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)
6F8 - Front Centre Console Armrest with Model Designation
8C0 - PDK Gear Selector in Carbon Fibre with **** in Leather
8LH - Sport Chrono Package
8T3 - Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
LEA-TT - Two-Tone Leather
QJ1 - Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) With Memory PKG

Pictures below

Thanks Again!

Last edited by Quicks6; 01-17-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2023 | 11:25 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Looks like a nice build and I am sure that the dealer loves the $$$ in options that you have added. That is likely why they are getting you one so quickly. Personally, I'd dump the crests on the headrests and stick with the GTS on the seats that the car comes with. Also, I'd dump the GTS on the armrest and the heated rear seat (unless you have kids in the back seat). The front seats come heated standard.
Old 01-17-2023 | 11:31 AM
Quicks6
8th Gear

The heated front and rear seats comes with the premium package here in Ontario, all of the other items on from the premium pacakge are a must have for me so I don't mind.

I have been going back and forth with the crest on the head rest. I really like the GTS logo on the headrest but a must have was the GTS on the arm rest (seen it once and loved the look it gives for the rear passengers) considering this I thought GTS logos on the headrest would be overload.

Most of my options are must haves for me outside of, Ionizer and heated windshield, but they were relativley low priced options and fell in the "nice to have" category.

Appreciate the input!
Old 01-17-2023 | 11:41 AM
Vise
Drifting

Nice build. Can you share your Porsche code as well?

In terms of options... have you sat in both seat options? As a bigger guy I prefer the 14 ways as the 18 way bolster will take some wear over time. 18 ways are very comfortable once you're in them but I find the bolster is a bit annoying getting in + out. I'd personally drop Power Steering Plus as I don't like how artificial it feels. Ionizer seems unnecessary as well. Also the heated windshield is helpful if you'll be parking outside but I don't like the gold/purple tint it gives to the windshield. Rest looks good as colours + trim is personal preference but I'd agree on sticking with the GTS logo on the headrests. I'll never get a black vehicle again either as the upkeep is a nightmare, especially for a daily driver.

On the timeline, you're sure they are saying April delivery? If so that basically means January or early Feb production so your build would need to be locked very soon if not right now. Are they maybe referring to April production? If you just ordered for April delivery that seems extremely fast but perhaps you got an allocation from someone that declined.
Old 01-17-2023 | 11:47 AM
Quicks6
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Vise
Nice build. Can you share your Porsche code as well?

In terms of options... have you sat in both seat options? As a bigger guy I prefer the 14 ways as the 18 way bolster will take some wear over time. 18 ways are very comfortable once you're in them but I find the bolster is a bit annoying getting in + out. I'd personally drop Power Steering Plus as I don't like how artificial it feels. Ionizer seems unnecessary as well. Also the heated windshield is helpful if you'll be parking outside but I don't like the gold/purple tint it gives to the windshield. Rest looks good as colours + trim is personal preference but I'd agree on sticking with the GTS logo on the headrests. I'll never get a black vehicle again either as the upkeep is a nightmare, especially for a daily driver.

On the timeline, you're sure they are saying April delivery? If so that basically means January or early Feb production so your build would need to be locked very soon if not right now. Are they maybe referring to April production? If you just ordered for April delivery that seems extremely fast but perhaps you got an allocation from someone that declined.
Here is the code PPYJG8C7

Okay I think I have been convinced into sticking with GTS logo on headrest. Didn't know about the gold/purple tint on the windshield, good to know will remove. Great point on Power Steering Plus, I love a good steering feel and a heavy one at that, my dealer said I would be getting that with this but almost sounds like the oppisite.

Timeline, yes they said April delivery as they have Allocation slot for a final build confirmation date of Jan 27th.
Old 01-17-2023 | 11:57 AM
Vise
Drifting

If it helps this is what the heated windshield looks like in real life. I find it is very noticeable although if you park outside in the winter it is probably worth it. Maybe not as bad on a black car but doesn't work well for Gentian Blue IMO.

Are you ordering through Pfaff Markham?

Old 01-17-2023 | 11:59 AM
Quicks6
8th Gear

Thank you for the refrence. I do not like that at all. Will be removing heated windshield. (Plus I like to tint my front windshield so may not go well with that.

Yes Pfaff Markham
Old 01-17-2023 | 04:53 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Wow, from the photo, it looks like that heated windshield also has a much wider black border than the standard windshield both on sides, bottom, top and corners. Not a fan of that look.
Old 01-17-2023 | 10:47 PM
Odo3
Intermediate

Ordered a 2023 Macan GTS in early June, 2022. Having owned five various Porsche's previously, I was encouraged to hear that my order would be a priority and was told to expect it by the end of November. Although sharing my wife's company car (Ford SUV...) was not ideal, given supply chain issues for all brands, this seemed reasonable. Since June, I've checked in regularly. Currently understand it will be late March for delivery, but not betting on it. I've been looking at purchasing something else and selling the Macan when it arrives. There appear to be lots of desperate fools out there who will pay ridiculous dollars for it, so why not. Hope you have better luck than me.
Old 01-17-2023 | 10:52 PM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by Shandingo
Wow, from the photo, it looks like that heated windshield also has a much wider black border than the standard windshield both on sides, bottom, top and corners. Not a fan of that look.
The first time you get caught in a blizzard with that heated windshield, you won't care what color it is.
Old 01-18-2023 | 02:51 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Looks nice, congrats! I'll bet your first mod will be tinted sidemarkers. The orange will really pop out on that combo and I realized they don't show it on those Euro configurator renderings.
Old 01-18-2023 | 08:27 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Good build. Not a fan of black but that’s my personal preference.

FWIW, I don’t notice any significant tint in my heated windshield, and speaking as a fellow Ontarian, you will not regret the option in the wintertime.
Old 01-18-2023 | 11:19 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

You didn't list Air Suspension because it is no charge standard on the Macan GTS?

My most favorite performance option, by far.
Old 01-18-2023 | 11:46 AM
Quicks6
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
You didn't list Air Suspension because it is no charge standard on the Macan GTS?

My most favorite performance option, by far.
Thats correct, standard option with the GTS along with the sport exhaust
The following users liked this post:
Terry Adams (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023 | 11:54 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vise
If it helps this is what the heated windshield looks like in real life. I find it is very noticeable although if you park outside in the winter it is probably worth it. Maybe not as bad on a black car but doesn't work well for Gentian Blue IMO.

Are you ordering through Pfaff Markham?

You know it's funny, I've never noticed the funny tint on my heated windshield. I even just double checked vin analytics on it, to make sure the option is actually there (it is). I've also not really noticed it helping clear the windshield when it's frosted over.

I wonder if it never got installed? any other way to figure out if it's there?

Quick Reply: New Build - New to Porsche Macan GTS