Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Wheel lud stud and Exhaust manifold gasket replaced: red flags?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 09:34 PM
shock
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel lud stud and Exhaust manifold gasket replaced: red flags?

A Macan (2017 base) I am taking into consideration had:

-Turbocharger checked and exhaust manifold gasket replaced;
-Wheel Lud Stud replaced

Both replacements took place at about 68000 miles

Would you see those as redflags of poor maintenance and or driving?

Last edited by shock; 01-16-2023 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-15-2023, 11:24 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

Not sure how I'd answer this without more information. Like what model (4 cyl or 6cyl). Anything show up in the service and maintence records you could ask for at your local dealership with the VIN in writing? I've not read of exhaust gaskets leaking anywhere. The wheel stud? Salt? Over-torque? Stripped more than likely... If you want it, do it. But do the rest of the homework first: investigate everything you can about this or any used vehicle you might purchase in which you intend to drive at a rate of terminal velocity.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:04 AM
shock
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
Not sure how I'd answer this without more information. Like what model (4 cyl or 6cyl). Anything show up in the service and maintence records you could ask for at your local dealership with the VIN in writing? I've not read of exhaust gaskets leaking anywhere. The wheel stud? Salt? Over-torque? Stripped more than likely... If you want it, do it. But do the rest of the homework first: investigate everything you can about this or any used vehicle you might purchase in which you intend to drive at a rate of terminal velocity.
2017 4-cyl model. Besides the gasket and the stud, maintenance looks pretty standard. Had an accident in the left rear reported as minor (didn’t see issue when I tested it). It happens thousands of miles before the stud replacement.

Before selling, the car has some major maintenance: stud, gasket, tires, brakes.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:13 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

My wife’s dentist has one similar to the one you’re looking at. She asked him about it. His only complaint was power. Otherwise he loved it.

Quick Reply: Wheel lud stud and Exhaust manifold gasket replaced: red flags?