Macan 2014-Current

New '23 GTS for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 09:56 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New '23 GTS for Christmas

What was initially a search for a used Cayenne E-Hybrid ended up being a '23 GTS that took a matter of 3 days to find and secure one. I wasn't so keen on black since a lot of my previous cars have been some shade of white. My old 981 GT4 was white and my current M2 CS is Alpine White, so having a blacked out GTS is definitely different but I'm happy with the purchase and the slate grey interior is a pretty sweet contrast from the blacked out exterior.

Will probably do some light modding, but not going to get too crazy since I'll leave that to my other cars. Plus my wife actually loves the GTS compared to the previous X3M I got her a few years back, so I don't want to take away the enjoyment out of it by making it stiffer or anything by swapping for lowering springs or something. Still learning about the Macan platform as a whole, but hope to learn from you all moving forward!
The following 13 users liked this post by to_riffic_day:
///Bruce (01-03-2023), 9ELOVIN (01-08-2023), fjpdds (01-07-2023), Jeff Jones (01-01-2023), JohnnyC8 (01-02-2023), Llarry (01-02-2023), manifold danger (01-03-2023), Marv (01-01-2023), mdkappy (01-01-2023), MovingChicane (01-07-2023), Pumpsmynads (01-03-2023), supercup (01-04-2023), T3X4S (01-02-2023) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-01-2023, 11:28 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 692 Posts

Love the two tone interior…very classy. Congratulations!
Old 01-03-2023, 12:53 AM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Really nice contrasting interior.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:10 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Everyone's stance on modding is different, but I've come to the point where I just leave my Porsches (mostly) alone. I'd think the M2 CS is another one that is in a good enough state from the factory to not have to fiddle with it- aside from the exhaust. I'd definitely swap the exhaust on an M2 CS. I strongly considered one before getting my Boxster GTS 4.0 (I'll also be doing an exhaust on it), and would have bought an alpine white one as well if the one I looked at didn't have a terrible PPF job that was peeling all over the place and didn't just feel like it had been abused in its short life already... and maybe even would have overlooked those things if it had gold wheels. They're one of my absolute favorite cars, and my favorite car BMW has ever made... and I hope to have one someday to sit alongside my Boxster. Both instant classics in my mind.

The Macan is about as perfect as it gets for a sporty SUV. The ride and driving dynamics are both feats of modern engineering. The engine and exhaust note sound good enough with the factory sports exhaust to not justify risking obnoxious drone to my ears, but I understand why someone would consider an aftermarket exhaust. I would not mess with that air suspension though. One thing you may want to consider is a Pedal Commander. It apparently goes a long way to solving the one minor annoyance of these Macans, which you may have noticed with the throttle not really wanting to cooperate and hesitating when first taking off from a stop. I've had 3 Macans now and the issue is actually far better with this new GTS, but it's still there for sure. I may look into it one day but it's not bad enough to make me want to mess with it right now.

Mine is black too, but I had the whole car wrapped in Xpel Stealth (thread here). It takes some of the edge off the typical black car hangups, particularly worrying about scratches all the time- but at least in these first few weeks of ownership in the crappy weather conditions we've had, it's not really much easier to keep clean, even with ceramic coating. It still gets noticeably dirty- but probably no worse than any other color. It looks amazing, but then again so does gloss black- when it's clean! Definitely turns more heads with the stealth though.

I DEFINITELY recommend getting ceramic coating on those wheels ASAP. I also have the gloss black wheels and the PSCB will help, but they show dirt very quickly without a coating... and excessively cleaning gloss black wheels will lead to really annoying scratches that will dull the appearance over time. Terrible for those of us with OCD when it comes to keeping cars clean... but the ceramic has made a huge difference.

Congrats, you have a fantastic garage!
The following users liked this post:
to_riffic_day (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 02:23 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations, and Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2023, 08:02 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Everyone's stance on modding is different, but I've come to the point where I just leave my Porsches (mostly) alone. I'd think the M2 CS is another one that is in a good enough state from the factory to not have to fiddle with it- aside from the exhaust. I'd definitely swap the exhaust on an M2 CS. I strongly considered one before getting my Boxster GTS 4.0 (I'll also be doing an exhaust on it), and would have bought an alpine white one as well if the one I looked at didn't have a terrible PPF job that was peeling all over the place and didn't just feel like it had been abused in its short life already... and maybe even would have overlooked those things if it had gold wheels. They're one of my absolute favorite cars, and my favorite car BMW has ever made... and I hope to have one someday to sit alongside my Boxster. Both instant classics in my mind.

The Macan is about as perfect as it gets for a sporty SUV. The ride and driving dynamics are both feats of modern engineering. The engine and exhaust note sound good enough with the factory sports exhaust to not justify risking obnoxious drone to my ears, but I understand why someone would consider an aftermarket exhaust. I would not mess with that air suspension though. One thing you may want to consider is a Pedal Commander. It apparently goes a long way to solving the one minor annoyance of these Macans, which you may have noticed with the throttle not really wanting to cooperate and hesitating when first taking off from a stop. I've had 3 Macans now and the issue is actually far better with this new GTS, but it's still there for sure. I may look into it one day but it's not bad enough to make me want to mess with it right now.

Mine is black too, but I had the whole car wrapped in Xpel Stealth (thread here). It takes some of the edge off the typical black car hangups, particularly worrying about scratches all the time- but at least in these first few weeks of ownership in the crappy weather conditions we've had, it's not really much easier to keep clean, even with ceramic coating. It still gets noticeably dirty- but probably no worse than any other color. It looks amazing, but then again so does gloss black- when it's clean! Definitely turns more heads with the stealth though.

I DEFINITELY recommend getting ceramic coating on those wheels ASAP. I also have the gloss black wheels and the PSCB will help, but they show dirt very quickly without a coating... and excessively cleaning gloss black wheels will lead to really annoying scratches that will dull the appearance over time. Terrible for those of us with OCD when it comes to keeping cars clean... but the ceramic has made a huge difference.

Congrats, you have a fantastic garage!
Thanks for the writeup. Definitely looked into the PC but will take it rather slow. I like the way it sits as it with the GT wheels. Tint is on the way and PPF after for sure. The CS is my track car, so it's been pretty modified, and I love it.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:41 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrat on the new ride - I love mine - love the interior - enjoy it!
to_riffic_day (01-05-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:18 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Already made some minor tweaks to the GTS. Applied smoke tint to the rear markers and over the reverse light; what a pain that was because it requires removing the bumper. Trunk mat arrived from Suncoast as well... Oh, and full screen Apple CarPlay

TikiLou (01-09-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 10:11 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Congrats. Love the color combo. As far as mods, I'd do two things:

1. Pedal Commander. Best bang for your buck mod.
2. Assuming AS, get a lowering module or the lowering links. My normal ride hight is now your Sport+ ride height and my Sport+ ride height is about 20mm lower than your Sport+. I have Cargraphics but there are others and links are a much cheaper way to go.
3. Full front PPF. A must on any car and especially a black one.

Last edited by Wilder; 01-07-2023 at 10:12 PM.
MidCoastMainer (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 11:01 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
1. Pedal Commander. Best bang for your buck mod.
This. The GTS is literally dangerous to drive in traffic without it. Epic fail for Porsche on throttle mapping, likely driven by gaming the emissions/MPG numbers.
TikiLou (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:04 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
literally dangerous to drive in traffic without it.
Felt this way on the first day I drove the car home.
Nickshu (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 03:52 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

+1 for the Pedal Commander. I finally added it to my '21 Macan GTS last year and it's night and day. Makes the car as fun to drive as it should've been from the factory.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:53 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by to_riffic_day
Oh, and full screen Apple CarPlay
How'd you get fullscreen CarPlay?
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 PM
Aviaros21
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same exterior spec, all blacked out from factory. Looks great!

Care to share more info on Pedal Commander and how you did the full screen Carplay?

TIA
Old 01-09-2023, 07:08 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Originally Posted by TikiLou
How'd you get fullscreen CarPlay?
Originally Posted by Aviaros21
I have the same exterior spec, all blacked out from factory. Looks great!

Care to share more info on Pedal Commander and how you did the full screen Carplay?

TIA
I haven't gotten a PC but will think about it. I think driving the GTS in manual mode helps with the responsiveness, so I stay in the torque band and don't think about throttle response as much as I would if I left it just in D. On the Macanforum I found Innovative soft which codes the vehicle to unlock the full screen Carplay. I like it moreso than the whole screen option!

Quick Reply: New '23 GTS for Christmas