Macan 2014-Current

Joining the Macan Family!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 11:38 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Joining the Macan Family!

I'm a lifelong Porsche fan but I've never owned one of their SUVs. I've been tempted a few times, and almost bought a 2016 Diesel Cayenne from BAT recently, but it went above where I felt comfortable considering the age of the vehicle. I put my name in at a great local dealer for a Macan GTS in March, and finally got the call. The Macan will be replacing a 2022 Ford F150 Tremor that while I enjoy, it is just too big for how I'm using it and where I live. I'm looking forward to having the Macan as a daily driver and for winter PCA tours. It will fit on the Seattle side streets and in our low parking garages with less drama than my big *** truck

I'm sure I will continue to make some changes, but this is my latest and maybe final build - https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PPK5ZGB8
  • PPK5ZGB8 - Macan GTS in Python Green with the matching black/green GTS interior treatment as part of the GTS Sport Package.
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Roof rails (this will be a ski vehicle in the winter)
  • Tow package for bikes in the summer
  • Black calipers since the car doesn't really have any other red on it
  • Some other random features like heated rear seats, LKA for stop and go traffic, etc.

The one feature I have checked currently is the Burmester audio. I'm tempted to go with Bose and then have @12v Nick Nick at Musicar Northwest work their magic with a Stage 2 upgrade. Likely similar priced but I'm sure their stage 2 will sound better given what they did in my Spyder.

This Macan will join as the daily driver to complement a few other Porsches. My weekend/tour/track car is a 2021 Spyder:

I recently purchased a 1975 911 Turbo (930) that will be getting a full restoration over the next few years. I've always wanted a "project" car and one that should be a good long term investment. 75 was the first year of the Turbo and there are not many of them left. More about that project here - https://911maniac.com/1975-930-opportunity/

I look forward to learning more about the Macan from all of you and joining the Porsche SUV family.
The following 5 users liked this post by Jeff Jones:
12v Nick (12-30-2022), chassis (12-30-2022), JohnnyC8 (12-30-2022), JulieKat (01-06-2023), TripleL (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 12:57 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Absolutely love Python Green on the Macan, great choice. I was seriously contemplating PG for my Macan when I ordered it, but they don't allow you to do color-matched side blades and that was a deal-breaker for me. Congrats!

Mr. Wolfe
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Jones (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 01:36 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Porsche always does odd things with the GTS packages, color choices, etc. If you want a certain wheel, it only comes with the package. Get the package/color and you can’t customize the side blades, etc. Annoying, but I get it.

I’m on the fence with the side blade. On one hand, it is a defining characteristic of the car. On the other, not sure I love it. I’ll see how I feel about it when it arrives and if I hate it, it is a pretty easy fix. You can get paintable side blades and have a body and paint shop color match. I think the look will grow on me and I’ll end up leaving it alone.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:56 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 685 Likes on 208 Posts

You're hooked on the Porsche life, Jeff — I love it! Congrats on the new order!

I'm a little biased on the Burmester vs Bose option, but I do think the Stage Two on Bose is way better performance for the same total investment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jeff Jones (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 04:15 PM
TripleL
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 27 Posts

Very nice build! I think you're really going to enjoy it as they make fantastic daily drivers.
Jeff Jones (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 11:33 PM
Gary S.
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The Mrs has a '19 S she HAD to have the painted blades. Now days she said she wouldn't bother. Maybe it would be best to have them match and if you didn't like it have them wrapped,they pick up gunk from the wheels anyway. Either way you will love it.

Last edited by Gary S.; 12-30-2022 at 11:34 PM.
Jeff Jones (12-31-2022)
Old 01-04-2023, 04:29 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Great color choice...today, with Mamba Green only available as PTS for an exorbitant price, that would be my color as well!

Enjoy!
Jeff Jones (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 05:41 PM
LaurenceG
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you considered gloss black blades
Old 01-11-2023, 11:23 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 213 Posts

Love Python Green (my Cayman GTS 4.0 is Python) but I'm disappointed that you can't get the Macan in Python and still hand-pick all the other details. I don't like black wheels and my last two cars have had white (or very light) interiors, which I'd prefer to do. My Cayman is Python over Black / Chalk and I wish I could do the same with a '23 Macan GTS but no such luck. Your Macan is beautiful...I'm sure you'll love every minute of driving it!
Jeff Jones (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 02:53 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LaurenceG
Have you considered gloss black blades
They are included in my GTS package, no other option so my “choice” was easy 😄

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Love Python Green (my Cayman GTS 4.0 is Python) but I'm disappointed that you can't get the Macan in Python and still hand-pick all the other details. I don't like black wheels and my last two cars have had white (or very light) interiors, which I'd prefer to do. My Cayman is Python over Black / Chalk and I wish I could do the same with a '23 Macan GTS but no such luck. Your Macan is beautiful...I'm sure you'll love every minute of driving it!
I agree, I would love to be able to select PG and still have all the options available to me. I generally like lighter colored wheels as well. All in, I love enough about the color and the package that I’m okay with a few limitations.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.

Jeff

TikiLou (01-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Joining the Macan Family!