Macan 2014-Current

2023 Macan T arrived but waiting on chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Shelly Lucas
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2023 Macan T arrived but waiting on chip

My car arrived earlier than expected however its still a waiting game on the chip. I was hoping since it was customize build that I would get to avoid the chip shortage but not the case
Deposit paid on May 25th
Freeze Date: June 20th
Production Date: Aug 14th
Dealer Delivery: Oct 7th

Arrived at dealership on Sept 11th so it was early delivery and hoping to hear its ready this week. Not end of world problem but hoping I at least get it by October 25th as that is my 50th birthday and that will be a great birthday gift

My SA said the chips are being installed in the order of the car deliveries. I thought someone said chips are delivered to specific cars so not sure what the correct answer is. Just sharing my experience so far so if anyone else is wanting info
The following users liked this post:
macan94546 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 10:43 AM
Spartan King
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Shelly Lucas
My car arrived earlier than expected however its still a waiting game on the chip. I was hoping since it was customize build that I would get to avoid the chip shortage but not the case
Deposit paid on May 25th
Freeze Date: June 20th
Production Date: Aug 14th
Dealer Delivery: Oct 7th

Arrived at dealership on Sept 11th so it was early delivery and hoping to hear its ready this week. Not end of world problem but hoping I at least get it by October 25th as that is my 50th birthday and that will be a great birthday gift

My SA said the chips are being installed in the order of the car deliveries. I thought someone said chips are delivered to specific cars so not sure what the correct answer is. Just sharing my experience so far so if anyone else is wanting info
My Macan T arrived on 9/7 and as of this morning I am still waiting for the Bose chip also. According to my SA, the chips are VIN specific. They were supposed to receive a shipment of chips two weeks ago, but never did. What makes things worse, is they don't have a way of tracking who's chip is going to be in a shipment and only find out when the package arrives to them.

I did get to see my build shortly after it arrived to them. It looks great and after seeing and touching it in person, the wait has become more painful.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:26 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Glad I ordered Burmester. My car showed up with the necessary chip already installed. Sorry to hear about the wait times from all the Bose orders out there though.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:52 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My '23 S was built on August 12 and still waiting on the Bose amplifier. I did get to check it out in person. Hopefully it won't be too long till the amp arrives.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:38 PM
Gleebag
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 53 Posts

Just got home with our T. I was part of Bose gate also. It was 28 days. It’s WORTH the wait.

Quick Reply: 2023 Macan T arrived but waiting on chip