2.33%
Full body - headlights
6.98%
Full front + headlights
48.84%
Full front - headlights
41.86%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Is Macan GTS worth full body PPF or full front only?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Has anyone tried putting mat ppf on the mat black parts of their '22 or '23 GTS? I am planning to get PPF put on my GTS this weekend and I plan to do that, but have never seen anyone do mat ppf on a mat black finish.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:58 AM
PorscheK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I am surprised by the poll result…only 1 vote for full PPF while I see the forum has many people did full PPF. I plan to keep it as long as I can and not to worry about it being scratched at parking lot, so I am going with full PPF + headlight 😂
Old 10-06-2022, 11:56 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Chav
Any good or bad feedback for a particular brand over another?
Find a good installer, and then use whatever film they prefer to work with.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:37 AM
Gary S.
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the same as post 1 but not behind rear wheels. Same on my Cayenne. Took a big rock to the hood on it- black car with a dent that looks like a BB hit it but because of the PPF no paint damage. See it every time I walk by it- like looking at Cindy Crawford with a zit. But it happens to be right over a cross brace so it would be a whole hood repaint anyway. No problems with headlights but roof edge has peeled back from windshield on both,replaced by the installer and no trouble since.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:03 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 120 Posts

I went full PPF, I didn’t on my last macan and regretted it. Between the ski hill sandblastings and my dog the black paint was hammered in the first six months.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:32 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
Has anyone tried putting mat ppf on the mat black parts of their '22 or '23 GTS? I am planning to get PPF put on my GTS this weekend and I plan to do that, but have never seen anyone do mat ppf on a mat black finish.
Not sure what you're referencing; are you talking the trim pieces in satin black? I've never seen anyone put PPF over trim pieces as they're not painted, but otherwise unsure what you're asking.

I will be doing full car PPF with XPEL Stealth, just like in this video:

If I wasn't doing it for the matte/satin look, I probably wouldn't do PPF at all. I've had two previous Macans, one in black, one in Carrara White Metallic. No issues with either because most of the front is plastic and it sits up high enough to not really get sandblasted.

Last edited by manifold danger; 10-15-2022 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 03:16 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheK
I am surprised by the poll result…only 1 vote for full PPF while I see the forum has many people did full PPF. I plan to keep it as long as I can and not to worry about it being scratched at parking lot, so I am going with full PPF + headlight 😂
It's a Macan, people keep them for a few years and then get another one, body protection isn't that important to them compared to a sports car they might keep 20 years.
The following users liked this post:
JAAM (11-03-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 11:07 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Find a good installer, and then use whatever film they prefer to work with.
Agree. Xpel has the best marketing.
Old 10-16-2022, 11:09 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I did:
Front bumper
Entire Hood
Entire front fenders
A-pillars and front edge of roof
Behind rear wheels
Lower rocker panels and in front of rear wheels
Door cups
Mirror caps
Headlights (yes I know you're not supposed to but I always do them on all my Porsches and have never had a problem. Those headlights are EXPENSIVE if they get rock damage)
Originally Posted by Nickshu
Oh yeah I did rear hatch load lip too. Forgot about that. All Xpel 10 mil film. Then ceramic coating overtop.
Same here except for Suntek. Installed by Colorado Clear Bra - bit of a hike from where we live but worth it.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:56 PM
PorscheK
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
It's a Macan, people keep them for a few years and then get another one, body protection isn't that important to them compared to a sports car they might keep 20 years.
Wondering if ICE Macan is coming to an end soon, will people hang on to it or switch to EV Macan. Personally, the V6 and exhaust sounds are more important to me, so I might keep it as long as I can given the maintenance cost is reasonable. It is so much more practical than a 2 seater if you have a family.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:38 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,340 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
I did:
Front bumper
Entire Hood
Entire front fenders
A-pillars and front edge of roof
Behind rear wheels
Lower rocker panels and in front of rear wheels
Door cups
Mirror caps
Headlights (yes I know you're not supposed to but I always do them on all my Porsches and have never had a problem. Those headlights are EXPENSIVE if they get rock damage)

I wrapped the same areas, including the hatch rear load shelf.
Invariably, there will be damage to the uncovered areas of paint. Fortunately, those marks are not as pervasive or severe as road damage at speed.
Both wheels on the driver's side have a chip down to the bare metal. Cannot protect everything...
Old 10-19-2022, 02:45 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 99 Posts

Switched my 16 to a 21 and I plan on keeping it awhile. Probably why I ppf'd it. Toyed with getting an EV, but it's just not practical for my needs ATM.
Macan EV has to be beyond awesome (500hp,400 mi range) for me to make the jump.

Quick Reply: Is Macan GTS worth full body PPF or full front only?