Notices
Macan 2014-Current

6 months for a new key?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 08:41 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 287 Posts

What's the possibility of an auto recycler having a fob of the same year/model, then having it cleared and re-programmed?...or am I just over-simplifying this?
Old 12-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Canelocarranza
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 keys = 2 week wait + $1884

Originally Posted by Trinthedon
So I got my 2018 Macan about 2 1/2 years ago it did come with 2 keys but unfortunately my cousin lost one about a year ago and just recently my toddler was playing with my keychain and threw it in a nearby lake of water to which we were unable to retrieve it. I ordered a key on Amazon that said it would work with my year and model and had it towed to the dealership thinking it’s no big deal. Well they called me and said I can only get a specific key from them made and the wait list is 5-6 months. He said to even attempt to program the key I brought in would be around $250 and he’s about 99% sure it won’t work. My hands are a little tied because I’m like I wont be able to drive my car for 6 months and still have to pay for it. I called almost every locksmith in town including body shops that specialize in foreign vehicles and they all said they don’t do Porsche key reprogramming. Just reaching out and seeing if anyone knows any other options or resources I may be able to utilize before I just give up and accept it lol.
I just lost the only key to my cayenne and had to get it towed into the san diego dealership...2 week wait for key fobs to come in plus reprogramming for a bill total of $1884.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:21 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,140 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Canelocarranza
I just lost the only key to my cayenne and had to get it towed into the san diego dealership...2 week wait for key fobs to come in plus reprogramming for a bill total of $1884.
I'm still waiting for a key I ordered in March.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 PM
rey
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I only received one key for my Macan that I purchased from a friend. He said he would be able to find it once the dust settled from a recent home move. No dice. I ordered a replacement from the dealer here in MA on 9/13/22. Dealer called and said it's in hand on 11/25. Quite a bit shorter than expected.

Quick Reply: 6 months for a new key?!?!