Macan 2014-Current

Waiting for the 23 Macan EV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:37 PM
jent
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Waiting for the 23 Macan EV?

I am a soon to be Porsche owner with a 23 Macan on order with a lock date in August, target delivery date in late October. Was wondering if anyone is anxiously waiting news on the '23 Macan EV? I haven't found much in the way of range, price, pics, etc but would consider bailing on my order if the EV looks good. Anyone else waiting for details on the Macan EV or have thoughts on it?
The following 2 users liked this post by jent:
internalaudit (07-10-2022), StinkyYamaLinky (07-06-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 01:28 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jent
I am a soon to be Porsche owner with a 23 Macan on order with a lock date in August, target delivery date in late October. Was wondering if anyone is anxiously waiting news on the '23 Macan EV? I haven't found much in the way of range, price, pics, etc but would consider bailing on my order if the EV looks good. Anyone else waiting for details on the Macan EV or have thoughts on it?
I placed an order for a 2023 Macan S last month even though I did not need a new vehicle just because I wanted to get one with an ICE. While I like EV’s (current Tesla Model 3 Performance owner) and am sure the EV version of the Macan will be a good car I wanted to get something where I can shift gears and most importantly hear the exhaust of that 2.9 l engine before it goes away for good.
The following users liked this post:
80s (07-12-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 03:10 PM
dougeefresh
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jent
Waiting for details but unlikely to jump on and buy a 23 model. I would probably give them 2-3 years to work out any kinks being it's a new model then migrate. Have S on order to hold me over until that happens.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Exhaust note is one of my favorite things about my GTS.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 07-05-2022, 06:51 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

I am personally not really interested in an Ev SUV yet given what I have seen of current technology and infrastructure. Maybe in 10-15 years if things continue to improve. But I am not opposed to Evs at all, just not for me. I might consider a cheap Ev like a Bolt or Leaf , or maybe even a Polestar 2 to tool around town in but I can't see spending big $$ on an Ev SUV.

Last edited by Nickshu; 07-05-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:24 PM
Rennmaschine
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am hoping to add a Macan EV to my garage, probably around 2024. The prototypes are looking good.

The camouflage isn't fooling me in the spy photos. It is obvious that the fake headlight decals are intentionally too big and hideous, you can see the actual lenses are smaller and sportier in the spy photos. Also the rear side windows won't curve up like the camouflage implies, they will be more coupe like, similar to the Cayenne Coupe (I suspect).

Also there is no roof spoiler on the spied vehicles yet, just the pop-up rear deck spoiler below the rear window (which is great BTW).

I also read somewhere that Porsche may be taking the government mandated low-speed EV sound up to the next level by containing it inside a muffler-like device at the rear of the vehicle that the sound emanates from, and that it might be an option that provides a more passionate sound. At least they may be experimenting with it. I think Porsche has a patent on their design. Take a look at Thor-tuning.com for the similar/basic idea.

Last edited by Rennmaschine; 07-06-2022 at 01:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rennmaschine:
80s (07-16-2022), internalaudit (07-10-2022), StinkyYamaLinky (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 07:49 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm very excited for the new Macan EV and expect it will be incredibly good. It's on a high-end new platform that will also be used by Bentley, incorporate Taycan learnings, and have typical Porsche dynamics.

Like others, we might get one in a few years. I expect deliveries will start in 2024 and I don't want to pay a premium to be one of the first on top of an already crazy new car market. Plus, it gives them some time to fine tune an all new platform.
internalaudit (07-10-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennmaschine
I also read somewhere that Porsche may be taking the government mandated low-speed EV sound up to the next level by containing it inside a muffler-like device at the rear of the vehicle that the sound emanates from, and that it might be an option that provides a more passionate sound. At least they may be experimenting with it. I think Porsche has a patent on their design. Take a look at Thor-tuning.com for the similar/basic idea.
Please NO Porsche.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 07-06-2022, 07:42 PM
StinkyYamaLinky
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely! Googled showed updates on the Macan EV search within past 7 hours. Which led me to here, of course.
Recently sold a 2021 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR. Too many issues with quality, and I missed things such as HUD, CarPlay, noise, physical controls. Purchased a 2022 M4 Competition Xdrive, and it's worth the price of gas. I would've purchased the BMW i4M50 if it looked like the M3/4. I work from home, and have a long distance/winter car so my "wants vs needs" of an EV are tech, interior build quality and styling. Charging network is not a selling point, I charge from home. The Taycan was an option, but the price of the 4S or Turbo and changing tech and the car's size has me waiting for the EV Cayman or Macan (even though don't need a 4 door or SUV) in a dual motor higher spec. The likes of the KIA EV6 GT or the Ioniq N are interesting, but for my needs they're missing a certain element of style/wow factor, but their estimated price of $65K for fully loaded models may sway me.
With the buyer's market changing for the better I'm on the fence for one last ICE or going back to an EV sportier car after the early releases sort out the issues.
My local dealer wanted $5000 non-refundable to be the first in line. I politely declined.

Last edited by StinkyYamaLinky; 07-06-2022 at 07:44 PM.
internalaudit (07-10-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 09:36 AM
Victor C3
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

I’m interested in seeing what the EV Macan has to offer, but I’m not eager to buy one.

The range of the Taycan has me worried that the range of the EV Macan will be similarly low. At least once a week I drive 300+ miles in a given day and the Taycan, with a range of about 200 miles, is nowhere near practical.

If Porsche makes a Macan hybrid, I’d be all over getting one of those.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:04 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

I wish a plug-in hybrid was on offer.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:52 PM
bandi
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan/1...y-america.html

I read through this thread on the Taycan forum last week--enough to keep me happy with ICE vehicles for awhile.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:33 PM
internalaudit
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably the only EV to debut later this year that I'm really excited about. Also, the Macan is probably the only EV I'm considering (prior to solid state or semi-solid state battery BEVs) after having perused many discussions on taycanforum and other EV sites. Wife also wants a crossover BEV haha and I want an EV that drives well enough.

Press releases suggest it will have a longer driving range than the Taycan, which is a plus during winter driving here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I'm sure it will be offered with PTV Plus, this safety and performance feature is absent on majority of the EVs out there, save for the Tesla Plaid, Taycan, e-tron S, and the etron RS.

Also seems it will be compatible with Android smartphones too.

Hopefully CARIAD does get the software issues sorted out. Lots of complaints on the taycanforum WRT software.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:29 PM
Olddragger
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Like others have said , not against EV's but presently they are not very practical. I suppose,for some with short commutes and have another long range vehicle the EV would be perfect.
But us Porsche folks like to drive our cars....that is one reason we purshased a Porsche over other brands. Currently with an EV driving is limited...especially in a spirited manner.
Porsche has stated by 2030... 7 model years away, 80% of their cars will be EV. That is a huge shift. Now one thing that has not even been mentioned is sustainability. Well tech's have enough training to maintain all these EV's? Will all parts be freely available and reasonable is price? What about the cost of the home charging station? And if something goes wrong with it? I think those are good questions to ask.
EV's are a different ballgame and heck Porsche can't even train their techs now to provide sustainability with the current models. Porsche uses a throw a way approach to many expensive items now that are repairable. ,Macan EV? No way.....not for least 5 years.

Last edited by Olddragger; 07-11-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Was really cross shopping a taycan 4 CT vs the macan. We have a vacation home in vermont and the taycan would REQUIRE a stop in NH to recharge for about 30 minutes. Total distance is 200 miles but uphill, winter, and speed all go against making it there with 1 charge.

the charging station is outside a Walmart. Hanging out in a Walmart on a Friday night was the deciding factor.

No one knows yet how much the taycan battery degrades over time. I believe the tesla batteries lose 12% capacity over 5 years. Tech just doesn't seem ready, yet.

id love to be surprised though...

Quick Reply: Waiting for the 23 Macan EV?