Macan 2014-Current

-22 macan gts ac/fan problems..

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 10:31 AM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by spraguedawley
my fan works but my ac is not very cold on the drivers side vents, and not cold at all on the passenger side vents. when i first got the car the fan was kind of noisy but that has stopped. i don't have a lot of faith in the long term reliability of this car (22 GTS)
I had this issue with my '18 911. This is a symptom of low refrigerant. It may only get worse as you probably have a leak. Take your car to the dealer to diagnose.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:58 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Took delivery of my 2023 Macan S little over a week ago and was unable to adjust the fan speed on 2 occasions. I can feel cold air blowing at a low speed but whatever I do I can not increase the fan speed. I parked the car and when I started it about an hour later, worked perfect. Same thing happened again today, cold air was coming out but could not adjust the fan speed, again came out to the car 30 minutes later and the fan adjustment worked. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Old 09-09-2022, 11:59 PM
secondtimer
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Took delivery of my 2023 Macan S little over a week ago and was unable to adjust the fan speed on 2 occasions. I can feel cold air blowing at a low speed but whatever I do I can not increase the fan speed. I parked the car and when I started it about an hour later, worked perfect. Same thing happened again today, cold air was coming out but could not adjust the fan speed, again came out to the car 30 minutes later and the fan adjustment worked. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Yes exact same thing happened to me in July. Happened twice and never happened again.

I suspect it has to do with the center console touch screen buttons. They are so sensitive that if you or your clothing / gloves accidentally swipe over the heat or defrost buttons, it confuses the system big time and it simply freezes.

I have since not touch the center console at all during startup to avoid this.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:07 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Originally Posted by secondtimer
Yes exact same thing happened to me in July. Happened twice and never happened again.

I suspect it has to do with the center console touch screen buttons. They are so sensitive that if you or your clothing / gloves accidentally swipe over the heat or defrost buttons, it confuses the system big time and it simply freezes.

The only thing I touch during start up is the sport exhaust button, and that is going to be a tough choice between deciding if I want the A/C to work or hear the cold start with the sport exhaust active. LOL Hopefully now that it happened twice it won't happen again.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:52 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by secondtimer

Recently I touched one "switch" and the traction control turned off from whatever lightly touched the TC "switch", safety issue? My wife did a similar thing and her seat heating went to 3 bars, she thought she'd wet herself.

It's my only regret with this car and I drive it only occasionally. If the drivers of those battery cars have to deal with this all time with those tablets strapped to the dash I feel sorry for them.

Last edited by _RS_; 09-10-2022 at 01:54 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-18-2022, 02:42 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

This exactly to my car thats been at the shop now for months, huge problem for porshe as i understand. They cant fix it. My retailer is conidering a new macan or taycan for me instead.. i wonder how many cars are affected.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:29 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Porsche should have left the old buttons alone. Don't fix it if it isn't broke. Anyone know how common this problem is on the '22 and '23 cars? My '23 is already at the port and I'm hoping this is not a common issue.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:32 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

AC, Transmission, center console glitches, strange suspension noises, and worst of all the idea of not having solutions or fixes
to problems for long periods of time had made me CANCEL MY ORDER of a Macan that I waited for 6 months and finally arrived
but cursed with BOSE STOP SALE label.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:22 AM
nrb
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 80s
Well, just randomly works for a a little bit then absolutely no fan inside car. Its now standing at the dealer and as of my understanding alot more cars will have this problem.. porsche germany are working day n night to fix it but nothing yet. So now without my car for 1.5 week and no info when it can be fixed.
Anyone else with the same problem here yet?
What would you do?
My '22 GTS has the same issue, thought it was me doing something wrong for a while lol. It doesn't happen frequently or else I think it would bother me much more. Won't have the car for much longer anyways so just sucking it up until new car comes. Hope this gets fixed.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:58 AM
austin driver
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waited 7 months for my 2022 Macan S. Took delivery 9/22/22. AC fan stopped blowing

Took delivery only a week ago. Started the car this evening and the AC won’t blow. First time this happened. Every 5 minutes or so the fan comes on for a few seconds and then stops again. Very frustrating.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:29 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 150 Likes on 123 Posts

My 22 S is going in for a recall..something about the A/C !!!
Old 10-02-2022, 09:46 AM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Originally Posted by austin driver
Took delivery only a week ago. Started the car this evening and the AC won’t blow. First time this happened. Every 5 minutes or so the fan comes on for a few seconds and then stops again. Very frustrating.
Happen to me twice during the first week I had the car, but has not happened at all since then, maybe it fixed itself.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:33 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

In the end my dealer handled it excellent, ive had a macan as a loaner, plus now im getting a new macan (november build) this problem now fixed for new cars of the line.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 80s
In the end my dealer handled it excellent, ive had a macan as a loaner, plus now im getting a new macan (november build) this problem now fixed for new cars of the line.
What was the solution on your car, and when do you know what date approximately Porsche production had the issue sorted? I took delivery a few days ago and my GTS went into production in late August.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:42 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

I just read your post again 80s and realized that you are saying the dealer did not fix your car in the end, and instead Porsche will build you a new one. I guess that makes it more important what the answer is to my second question about the date Porsche starting building the cars with this issue fixed. If Porsche did fix this on the production line already, my car probably either just missed the cutoff or just made it.

Quick Reply: -22 macan gts ac/fan problems..