Macan 2014-Current

GTS Interior Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 187 Posts
Default GTS Interior Trim

I am ordering a GTS and wanted to see what people think of the standard trim? I picked carbon fiber trim for now but not sure about it. I also read that the standard aluminum trim turns white when you touch it? I plan to do the GT steering wheel and I think that trim matches the standard trim?
Thanks
Old 05-14-2022, 08:16 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
I am ordering a GTS and wanted to see what people think of the standard trim? I picked carbon fiber trim for now but not sure about it. I also read that the standard aluminum trim turns white when you touch it? I plan to do the GT steering wheel and I think that trim matches the standard trim?
Thanks
You can order the GT steering wheel with CF trim (at a cost). The possible discoloration of the standard aluminum trim has been addressed multiple times in the forum already and doesn't seem to be a real issue.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:50 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
You can order the GT steering wheel with CF trim (at a cost). The possible discoloration of the standard aluminum trim has been addressed multiple times in the forum already and doesn't seem to be a real issue.
The standard trim looks good and is glare resistant. It wipes clean with a damp cloth.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:22 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

The standard black aluminum GTS trim is great. A 2 sec wipe with a damp microfiber cloth every once and while and it looks like delivery day. So much nicer then the gloss piano black I had in my 2019 Cayenne. That stuff scratches so easy. Also another benefit to the black aluminum GTS trim that wont get talked about is its rigidity. Go jump in an Audi product with gloss black etc and press on the trim panels. They will flex, crackle and creak. The black aluminum trim in my 2021 Macan GTS is solid as rock, no flex etc. Love it!
The following users liked this post:
mdkappy (05-16-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 09:40 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by meyecul
The standard black aluminum GTS trim is great. A 2 sec wipe with a damp microfiber cloth every once and while and it looks like delivery day. So much nicer then the gloss piano black I had in my 2019 Cayenne. That stuff scratches so easy. Also another benefit to the black aluminum GTS trim that wont get talked about is its rigidity. Go jump in an Audi product with gloss black etc and press on the trim panels. They will flex, crackle and creak. The black aluminum trim in my 2021 Macan GTS is solid as rock, no flex etc. Love it!
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will delete the carbon fiber and stick with the standard. I thought it was strange that the carbon fiber trim is gloss and the steering wheel optional carbon fiber is matt.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:41 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

I honestly can't understand why anyone likes carbon fiber trim on anything? It always looks so cheap. Even things like mirrors or whatnot on the exterior look way too boy racer...I get a carbon fiber hood/roof when it's real and weight savings, but otherwise, the carbon fiber trend can go the way of the dodo IMO.

*edit* although piano black is even worse.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:20 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 655 Posts

I think the GT steering wheel comes w/ carbon fiber on the button trim and there is not a way to option it out?

Our 2022 GTS has the standard trim. It looks nice. The white fingerprint thing is an issue but minor, as said above just wipe it off w/ a microfiber and it's taken care of.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:37 AM
funati
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The carbon fiber trim looks great and isn’t anything like the piano black finger print magnet the Center console is. I ordered the heated GT steering wheel on my MY22 GTS and you have to specify the carbon fiber option for for wheel as well. If you don’t spec it you get

standard GT wheel.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:06 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks
I like the carbon package - it adds to the sporty nature of the GTS - I ended up ordering the Sport package, as I was getting most of the options it offers and you end up with a few more at little or no cost. Sport steering wheel will go great with Carbon or you can add carbon on the wheel for $680 - but I like it better without.

Get what you like and you will enjoy it everytime you step in the car. That is why I love to order from Porsche - I get the check the boxes I want to make the car my own.

GLWD! No bad choices, as long as you like it!
Old 05-20-2022, 02:28 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
I honestly can't understand why anyone likes carbon fiber trim on anything? It always looks so cheap. Even things like mirrors or whatnot on the exterior look way too boy racer...I get a carbon fiber hood/roof when it's real and weight savings, but otherwise, the carbon fiber trend can go the way of the dodo IMO.

*edit* although piano black is even worse.
This is why we are lucky to have (expensive) options that most other car brands come nowhere near offering. E.g. if you want the boat look, get wood, it's all available.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:09 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will delete the carbon fiber and stick with the standard. I thought it was strange that the carbon fiber trim is gloss and the steering wheel optional carbon fiber is matt.
Just a comment on that - the steering wheel CF is just the same look as the rest, i.e. glossy so that seems very misleading in the configurator.

Quick Reply: GTS Interior Trim