Macan 2014-Current

Front License Plate Holder No Drill 2022 GTS with ACC

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 12:37 PM
456greg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Sto and sho caps

Just installed 'Sto and Sho' for license plate on 2024 Macan using existing screw holes. Only want to slide license plate on when going out of town, but seems the cylinder that accepts the license plate will fill with mud and gook when the license plate in not slid in. Wonder if anyone has ideas on where to get plastic caps to cover the wholes when the license plate is not in use.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:03 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by 456greg
Just installed 'Sto and Sho' for license plate on 2024 Macan using existing screw holes. Only want to slide license plate on when going out of town, but seems the cylinder that accepts the license plate will fill with mud and gook when the license plate in not slid in. Wonder if anyone has ideas on where to get plastic caps to cover the wholes when the license plate is not in use.
Maybe contact Sto N Sho and see if they will send you an extra plate holder (maybe they have rejects/seconds).....cut off the male end with a cut-off wheel to leave just the short section that goes in the cylinder mount with a tiny bit extra you can grab onto, then snap that in when you don't want the plate on. Seems that would work.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Sweet. Ours has not been a problem at all so far w/ dragging on anything up/down curbs. My wife and I do park carefully though.

Interesting that the OEM Porsche screws were not tight, mine engaged many turns of the threads and tightened up very nicely.

Great pics.
Reporting back after about 11 months of use. Sto N Sho has never dragged on or hit anything so far. Zero issues with it.

Last edited by Nickshu; 11-26-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:41 PM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bandi
I was about to order this but decided to contact Rennline first---Kenny replied that it DOES NOT fit our 2022 Macans. I was skeptical since the fitment chart shows it fits the 2022 911 but leaves off Macan. YMMV?
Just reiterating that it's a perfect fit, had no issues at all. Grabbed a pic for posterity.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Holder No Drill 2022 GTS with ACC