Macan 2014-Current

Front License Plate Holder No Drill 2022 GTS with ACC

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 09:51 PM
AaronGTS
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by T3X4S
I bought this https://www.slybrackets.com/store/ for my Macan GTS '21, but I don't have ACC. I was looking at the 2022 front to see if there are slats where you can place the bracket without interfering with the ACC, but it appears optimal spots are limited.
Do you think the Slybracket will fit in between those 2 areas of the bumper?

Old 10-07-2022, 11:10 AM
VTPorsche993
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might checkout SlyBrackets, I was able to hang the VT tag with no drilling. (https://www.slybrackets.com/)

QUOTE=Nickshu;18130338]Anyone find a no-drill solution for a front license plate for the 22 Macan GTS with ACC?

Carbonio - Looks like it won't work with the ACC sensor
Cravenspeed tow hook - Shows only fits up to 2018
Stow and Show - I bought one and the angle is all wrong for the new bumper.

At this point I would settle for just a tow hook mount that will work until I can find something different or more comes out on the market. Anyone find one that works? My plates are arriving next week...

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
The following 2 users liked this post by VTPorsche993:
AaronGTS (10-07-2022), schnell (10-07-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 07:59 PM
Regular Guy
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that Skene was no longer selling brackets??
Old 10-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Regular Guy
7th Gear

I thought Skene was no longer selling brackets???
Old 10-13-2022, 08:12 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronGTS
Looks great! Did you use the same holes that the OEM bracket was using? Or did you have to drill your own?
Drilled my own. OEM bracket holes are right in the face of the grill, which is why many of us are using an alternative way.
Originally Posted by Regular Guy
I thought Skene was no longer selling brackets???
I bought mine online a few months ago.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:39 PM
AaronGTS
Instructor

Correct... Skene went out of business.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:37 PM
Regular Guy
7th Gear

Jumping into this thread. I have two Macans that I am trying to buy no-show license plate frames for. A 2023 Macan Base model and a 2023 Macac GTS. They both have the ACC ball because it is standard on all 23 Macans. Is this the same bracket for both?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:46 PM
Regular Guy
7th Gear

I was referring to the Carbonio bracket
The following users liked this post:
AaronGTS (10-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 03:48 PM
AaronGTS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Regular Guy
Jumping into this thread. I have two Macans that I am trying to buy no-show license plate frames for. A 2023 Macan Base model and a 2023 Macac GTS. They both have the ACC ball because it is standard on all 23 Macans. Is this the same bracket for both?
I would say you have 2 choices... Slybrackets or Stonsho I'm still debating on which to go with for my incoming 23' GTS
Old 10-21-2022, 01:07 PM
bandi
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed the Sto n Sho and am happy with the choice since it's so easy to remove/install the plate and it fits very snugly along the bumper molding as it protrudes outward. Only drawback is the possibility of dragging it going up or down sloped driveways or bumping into a parking curb. I've had the tow hook type and never cared for the position and you need to have to carry a wrench for removal. A couple of ideas:
1-Neither of the OEM screws were very tight so don't over tighten the new ones..I used thread locker.
2-If you don't have a 10 mm socket, 5/16" works with a 5 mm Allen key as a 1/4" driver
3-White spacers definitely go external to the bracket, I assume to prevent overdriving the screws.
4-Price was $88 shipped with the discount code that popped up on their website. Carbonio is ridiculously over priced IMO.

Old 10-21-2022, 02:20 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by bandi
I just installed the Sto n Sho and am happy with the choice since it's so easy to remove/install the plate and it fits very snugly along the bumper molding as it protrudes outward. Only drawback is the possibility of dragging it going up or down sloped driveways or bumping into a parking curb. I've had the tow hook type and never cared for the position and you need to have to carry a wrench for removal. A couple of ideas:
1-Neither of the OEM screws were very tight so don't over tighten the new ones..I used thread locker.
2-If you don't have a 10 mm socket, 5/16" works with a 5 mm Allen key as a 1/4" driver
3-White spacers definitely go external to the bracket, I assume to prevent overdriving the screws.
4-Price was $88 shipped with the discount code that popped up on their website. Carbonio is ridiculously over priced IMO.
Sweet. Ours has not been a problem at all so far w/ dragging on anything up/down curbs. My wife and I do park carefully though.

Interesting that the OEM Porsche screws were not tight, mine engaged many turns of the threads and tightened up very nicely.

Great pics.
bandi (10-21-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 09:06 PM
AaronGTS
Instructor

Originally Posted by bandi

Thanks for sharing... Any chance you have a pic with it on the vehicle?
Old 11-03-2022, 12:07 PM
bandi
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronGTS
Thanks for sharing... Any chance you have a pic with it on the vehicle?
Sorry, Aaron, been on vacation x2 wks without computer. Here's a shot of the mount--bottom of the plate is 9 inches from the ground, so decent clearance at normal height. But I'm still gonna try to pay attention on sloped driveways, etc., to not scrape it. Also included are the bolts with lock nuts to attach your plate. After a 700 mile drive the setup is still very tight and working well. BTW the Macan is a super trip car--very smooth, quiet and comfortable.

Dubber (11-03-2022)
Old 11-03-2022, 04:18 PM
AaronGTS
Instructor

Looks amazing! I really appreciate it!
Old 11-03-2022, 04:34 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks great.

One small suggestion based on experience with an earlier vehicle: pad those bolts so that they don't scratch the paint when they eventually get pushed back into contact with the bumper cover (due to someone parking by ear, etc.).

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Holder No Drill 2022 GTS with ACC