60.42%
Pirelli
37.50%
Continental
0%
Other
2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

2022 Macan S/GTS: Which Tires Did You Get From Factory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 03:12 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 453 Likes on 305 Posts

Took delivery of my '22 GTS during May 2022. Decided to opt for all season tires as I didn't feel like going through the hassle of purchasing winter tires/wheels and doing the twice a year swap. Happily, Porsche chose to fit the Michelin - Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires. These are advertised as " Ultra High Performance" tires and in fact do a surprisingly good job of keeping this heavy SUV on track. Not quite at 911 levels but I can hold my own during spirited drives with those sports cars!

Last edited by DBH; 12-23-2022 at 08:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
STKDoctor (12-22-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 02:36 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 908 Likes on 546 Posts

Told the sales guy when I ordered that I would check a box at extra cost for Michelin AS. No way, it came with Goodyear Touring AS, which I swapped at 18K miles, not yet worn out, just tired of poor performance in winter. Just switched to Michelin AS Latitude. What a difference.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:05 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

FWIW, I took possession of mine in late '18. It was new. It came with Michelin all season tires. Probably because I bought it from a dealership in Ohio and not in Houston where I live. Snows up there in Ohio... Out of the gate, my Turbo drove like crap. Truly. I couldn't believe I paid how much for this "Porsche"? Thought it was the tires. Went immediately into Conti 6's. They lasted less than 9,000 miles. Dropped it off at the same dealership that swapped the original tires for me to have another set installed. On a whim, I asked them to check the alignment. Long story short, it took two (2) trips to the dealership to get it into factory specs. It was THAT far out from the factory.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:53 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

I prefer Michelins, but I had Pirelli all-seasons on my 2021 Macan S for 3 years and had zero issues. Tread was still excellent, the ride quality/noise level was excellent, and I don't track my Macans so performance was just fine; can't really comment too much on how great they are when pushed hard. But they worked just fine.

Actually I'm skeptical of all the Pirelli hate now because I have Pirellis on my 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 and they're also just fine. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of them for Michelins- but I did swap to Pilot Sport AS4s for the winter months, and am deeply impressed by them. I've also had them on an Audi RS5, and Continental DWS06+ on an S4. The Michelins and Contis are both excellent performance all-seaons.

That said, I was glad to see the Pilot Sport AS4 on my Macan GTS. I too don't want to deal with swapping tires in the winter and don't put the Macan through the same types of driving I do for my 718 so I don't have a need for summer tires. I don't notice a significant difference with the Michelins vs the Pirellis. They both do the job just fine.

I would actually be pissed if I got Latitudes. I would gladly trade whatever slight advantage in ice/snow for the better all around performance of the AS4. I avoid ice/snow in the Macan when I can anyway.

Last edited by manifold danger; 12-25-2022 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:39 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I spec'd summer tires on my 2023 GTS - It came with Pirelli PZero Corsa's - 265/295 21's. My 2022 S came with Michelin Pilot Sport AS. The Pirelli's have great performance, but you can feel the stiffer side wall and they have more road noise. Given I live in S. Cal - they are great tire - but likely will try the Michelin equivelant when these are done - as I have found historically the the Michelins ride better and are quieter than the Pirelli's.

Either way, loved the S and now love the GTS even more!

Last edited by supercup; 12-26-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:38 PM
BCU
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I have a Porsche Macan S, 2023, It arrived with summer tires Pirelli 265/40/R21 101 Y. At 270 km/ hour on Autobahn in Germany, I decided not to accelerate anymore, as it was sufficient for me.. I did not feel any tremor, and since I bought the car I have not noticed any other problem with these Pirelli tires. I cannot know what issues you have there, but I have none. I am actually very happy with Pirelli and since they are the No1 tires manufacturers for Formula 1, I put Pirelli on my older Mazda CX-7 too, and last summer I reached 220 Km/hours on Autobahn, as it is a Turbo Diesel, and 12 years old. I know Michelin too, it is a very famous European brand, but their tires not really better than Pirelli. I do not notice any difference and I think their performance is quite similar.
Old 01-10-2024, 03:40 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

From the tone of your post, I'm assuming that you're in Germany. The roads there are significantly better than in the USA.
I think you'll find that most, but not all, posters here tend to like Michelin brand tires over Pirelli. I am one of those. I've had Pirelli tires and found they were not great, just "OK". However, I found that Michelins are a bit better handling, quieter and better riding than Perelli. Of course, there is no right or wrong answer here. Choose what you feel is right for you.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:44 AM
BCU
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi weather tires for Porsche Macan S

Hello, I am indeed in Europe, in Belgium, bordering France. Germany, Netherlands. Not all the highways (autobahn) in Germany are as good as we would like, and unfortunately there is a lot of maintenance going on. Some highways have no speed limit and only on those you can test your car to the limits. Or on the racing track at Nurburgring . I trust you are more experienced than I am with Michelin vs Pirelli on the Porsche. Would you please, advise 1-2 brands of multi-weather tires, good for snow too? My summer tires on Macan S are now 265/40/ R21 101 Y. Thank you
Old 01-11-2024, 01:39 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

I'd love to drive (legally) at unlimited speeds. Unfortunately, there's nowhere in the USA to do that.
As far as tire recommendations for "all-season" tires I'd start with the Porsche "N..." designated tires. These are designed in cooperation between Porsche and the tire manufacturers to comply with specific Porsche performance requirements. Secondly, I'd look for high performance all-season tires so you can use all of the Macan's top speed (~270kph?) capability. I'd suggest referring to the web site of the "TIRE RACK". Although they are an American based company their web site is a treasure trove of information on tires and wheels.

Last edited by DBH; 01-11-2024 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 2022 Macan S/GTS: Which Tires Did You Get From Factory?