Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Other things to have the dealer reprogram? 2022 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022 | 10:25 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Default Other things to have the dealer reprogram? 2022 Macan GTS

I am going to take our new 22 Macan GTS to the dealer to have them reprogram the tailgate so it does not loudly beep when it closes/opens. So annoying.

Anything else I should have them reprogram while it is there? Anyone have a list of stuff the dealer can code on/off??

I did a search but didn't find a list of dealer programmable options.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2022 | 11:26 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Two things come to mind.

Turn off seat belt chime.
Turn off warning beep when you exit vehicle with key and vehicle is running.
Old 04-26-2022 | 01:21 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Seat belt and tailgate chime are a legal issue. Imagine the dealer liability if someone was injured/killed with either turned off.

I tried with 2 MB dealers and one indie to get the seat belt chime in Wife's CLK turned off. No. But let us know if you find a dealer that will do it.
Old 04-27-2022 | 09:06 AM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My dealer would not turn off the tail gate alarm. I suspect it is a liability issue. The other thing I wanted them to do was change the lane change blinker sequence from three flashes to five flashes. Others have reported that this is doable but my dealer said they didn't know how to do that. I suspect laziness!
Old 04-27-2022 | 11:06 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mvmojo
My dealer would not turn off the tail gate alarm. I suspect it is a liability issue. The other thing I wanted them to do was change the lane change blinker sequence from three flashes to five flashes. Others have reported that this is doable but my dealer said they didn't know how to do that. I suspect laziness!
That sucks. It is literally printed in the Macan owners manual that you can have the dealer turn off the tailgate chime if you want.
Old 04-27-2022 | 01:05 PM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nickshu
That sucks. It is literally printed in the Macan owners manual that you can have the dealer turn off the tailgate chime if you want.
Yeah, well my local Porsche dealer isn't the most helpful dealership I've encountered. The service manager comes off as arrogant and disingenuous.
Old 04-28-2022 | 11:40 AM
meyecul
Pro

Unless you are good inside personal buddies with your service department, don't count on any Porsche dealer turning the tailgate chime off. Same goes for any warning chime related to safety like seatbelts etc. There are regulatory issues in the USA for this stuff.
Old 04-29-2022 | 12:00 AM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by meyecul
Unless you are good inside personal buddies with your service department, don't count on any Porsche dealer turning the tailgate chime off. Same goes for any warning chime related to safety like seatbelts etc. There are regulatory issues in the USA for this stuff.
Not for the tailgate. At least I had not trouble getting it taken care of. They just turned the sound all the way down to zero.
Old 04-29-2022 | 08:25 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mvmojo
Good idea, on my older BMW's that was possible

Quick Reply: Other things to have the dealer reprogram? 2022 Macan GTS