Macan 2014-Current

Oil Service Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 11:09 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Oil Service Issues

I did an oil service on my 2018 Macan GTS today. I ordered the supplies from ECS and their order page stated that a different oil filter sealing ring than the one included with the filter should be used, so I ordered that also. Specifically I used the Mahle OX254D5 filter.

I have done many oil changes before, so nothing remarkable, but it was the first one I've done on my Macan.

When I buttoned things up and pulled into the driveway I saw oil spewing from the car, so quickly pulled back into the garage and pulled the underside covers off again only to see oil leaking from the oil filter housing. I pulled off the filter and replaced the sealing ring with the one included with the oil filter, rather than the one ECS said I should use. No leaking was observed after I made the change.

My confidence is shaken by this event and I'm left questioning everything. When I look at the Pelican website no mention is made of another oil filter sealing ring to be used. What have others used? Was ECS correct that another sealing ring should be used, or was Pelican correct that the ring in the box should be used?

I would appreciate some guidance from someone that has actually changed the oil on their Macan themselves using this oil filter.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2022, 10:10 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 287 Posts

Here's the clarification for you. Many more MACAN technical issues covered in this forum than RL.
https://www.macanforum.com/threads/d...7#post-2372113
The following users liked this post:
///Bruce (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:11 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Here's the clarification for you. Many more MACAN technical issues covered in this forum than RL.
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2022, 08:32 PM
MV911T
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Awesome link! Thanks
Old 04-26-2022, 08:54 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Closing the loop on the story. The Mahle OX254D5 filter does have the correct o-ring, the D4 does not and needs to have the slightly larger o-ring ordered separately. Lots of confusing and conflicting info out there, but I eventually got the answer.

Quick Reply: Oil Service Issues