Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Winter Storage Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022 | 01:50 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Default Winter Storage Needed

I have a '21 Macan GTS that I need to store in a secure space this winter (approximately from December 1 through March/April). We're having extensive renovations done to our home and need a safe, secure space for my car - preferably heated, but not essential. Need access to an outlet for trickle charging. No rodents or risk of any damage. Looking in Montgomery County, PA or suburban Philadelphia. Will pay for a secure spot - if you have storage or know of a good company that rents out spaces, preferably for other high end cars, on a monthly or semi-annual basis, Please let me know. TIA.

Last edited by Phil G.; 04-17-2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2022 | 09:35 AM
nevil
Racer

Have you looked into the storage facilities near you? Security is usually very good and I'm sure you can get one with power. If you don't have any luck, a buddy of mine has several storage places in Delaware and Chester counties. I can ask him what is available, so let me know.
Old 04-18-2022 | 10:59 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by nevil
Have you looked into the storage facilities near you? Security is usually very good and I'm sure you can get one with power. If you don't have any luck, a buddy of mine has several storage places in Delaware and Chester counties. I can ask him what is available, so let me know.
Thanks. I’ll try to find a spot closer to home, but will let you know. My brother keep his Macan and R8 in a heated facility in Connecticut. Wish we had something like that around here for high end cars.
Old 04-18-2022 | 12:14 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

If you go with a commercial storage place hire a pest control company to go there monthly for rodent traps. Even in a nice/clean/secure place rodents will find heat in the winter.
Old 04-18-2022 | 12:30 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nickshu
If you go with a commercial storage place hire a pest control company to go there monthly for rodent traps. Even in a nice/clean/secure place rodents will find heat in the winter.
Agree and also place bowls of naphtha (moth *****) around and under the car. Stuff is a good deterrent.
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:26 PM
nevil
Racer

I wouldn't worry too much about having a heated space. Cars are mostly made of metal, glass, rubber and plastic. Keeping the battery on a tender is a must.
And, like mentioned above, taking precautions against rodents. I stuff the exhaust tips with steel wool. It keeps the critters out and if you forget to remove it, the stuff will just blow out the exhaust when you start it up.
I also use a product inside the car called Cab Rodent Repellent. It's not chemical, mostly balsam, but it does have a smell like cedar.
Old 04-25-2022 | 11:00 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

I have been spraying the engine compartment with this stuff for years after having had a number of bouts with rodents with vehicles in the past. Even when left outdoors for weeks, no issues.
Just redo every month or two, depending on how strong the lingering smell is (which is not at all unpleasant and I never smell any of it inside the vehicle).
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Winter Storage Needed