Macan 2014-Current

OIL AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 04:57 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 150 Likes on 123 Posts
Default OIL AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE

What is your engine COOLANT and OIL TEMPERATURE RUNNING AFTER WARM UP?
Old 04-12-2022, 08:59 PM
Olddragger
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

The coolant gauge is no better than an idiot light. The oil temperature is pretty accurate. Oil temps are usually slightly warmer than the coolant temp. The one that may be the most interesting and currently unobtainable by the owner is the transmission temperature. I am installing a trans temp gauge in mine soon.
Back to the oridginal question..most people will say their coolant temp is 200f after warm up and oil temps will be a little over 200F. Anywhere from 180 F with the shutters up front open to 225F closed. That is on a usual 80F day in usual stop and go traffic. This range of the oil temperature depends on multiple factors.... the weight of the oil you are running, driving style, A/C on or off etc etc.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:39 PM
kapetajr
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Olddragger
The coolant gauge is no better than an idiot light. The oil temperature is pretty accurate. Oil temps are usually slightly warmer than the coolant temp. The one that may be the most interesting and currently unobtainable by the owner is the transmission temperature. I am installing a trans temp gauge in mine soon.
Back to the oridginal question..most people will say their coolant temp is 200f after warm up and oil temps will be a little over 200F. Anywhere from 180 F with the shutters up front open to 225F closed. That is on a usual 80F day in usual stop and go traffic. This range of the oil temperature depends on multiple factors.... the weight of the oil you are running, driving style, A/C on or off etc etc.
Coolant temp gauge can be fixed to show real time temps, if you have acess to PIWIS or Launch.
I recently did it on my Turbo. Look here https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1283...t-the-fix.html

Old 04-13-2022, 12:23 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

90-110c is usually what I see roughly.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:10 AM
Olddragger
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Kapetajr.....Thank you, that was a very interesting read and great work! I will certainly look into this. By the way I am still following your journal on that other site. You are doing some good work. Really like those brake lights!

Last edited by Olddragger; 04-13-2022 at 09:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kapetajr (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 03:37 PM
kapetajr
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Olddragger
Kapetajr.....Thank you, that was a very interesting read and great work! I will certainly look into this. By the way I am still following your journal on that other site. You are doing some good work. Really like those brake lights!
Thanks Dragger.
Glad to see you are still working on getting your PDK fix. Can't wait too see what you do for a Trans cooler.

Quick Reply: OIL AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE