Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Feedback requested on Macan S just ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 05:50 AM
Mstephensfache
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great feedback. This makes me even more excited for its arrival. One more question, regarding the insulated glass, has anyone noticed reduced cell signal as a result? I’ve seen some speculation but not sure that anyone who has it has really noticed that being a problem.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:27 PM
georgej
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mstephensfache
Thanks for the great feedback. This makes me even more excited for its arrival. One more question, regarding the insulated glass, has anyone noticed reduced cell signal as a result? I’ve seen some speculation but not sure that anyone who has it has really noticed that being a problem.

While I have read in the forum that some say there may be a degradation of cell reception with thermal glass I do not feel that I have experienced any reduction of signal strength. Perhaps some time i will try lowering the windows when driving through a remote area to see if there is any change though I doubt there will be. The side windows you can see the two bonded/laminated glass panes.

I have parked for a couple of hours in direct sun when the temp was in the teens and been astounded that the interior was merely warm rather than being the oven any previous car would have been.