Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019 Calendar Synch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 233 Posts

Re-attempted calling Porsche Connect about 6 weeks ago and after four years of the issue, they told me Thursday it needed a new embedded module. This is the module that receives over-the-air software updates, map updates, and apple synchronization (like calendar) updates.

This will hopefully fix the calendar synch issues and the Map Update issue (I get the updates and the nav version updates, but none of the individual states show updates except my home state. Everything other state is 3 to 4 years old, even though I drive them often).

They said they will call my dealer to set up the replacement. I asked if it was free with my current, paid Connect subscription and they were going to get back to me this coming week.

I'm not holding my breath but, hey, I could get lucky.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:19 AM
jjhasluck
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Re-attempted calling Porsche Connect about 6 weeks ago and after four years of the issue, they told me Thursday it needed a new embedded module. This is the module that receives over-the-air software updates, map updates, and apple synchronization (like calendar) updates.

This will hopefully fix the calendar synch issues and the Map Update issue (I get the updates and the nav version updates, but none of the individual states show updates except my home state. Everything other state is 3 to 4 years old, even though I drive them often).

They said they will call my dealer to set up the replacement. I asked if it was free with my current, paid Connect subscription and they were going to get back to me this coming week.

I'm not holding my breath but, hey, I could get lucky.
Interesting. I have never been able to get my calendar to sync on my ‘21 GTS despite the fact that everything seems to be correctly connected. I “think” I am paying for the correct services from Porsche, but frankly they make it as confusing as it possibly can be.

I too get over the air updates automatically and assumed it was for the entire nav system and all maps. How do you know that you are only getting available updates for your home state? Is it because you are familiar with road changes elsewhere and don’t see them on your nav. Or are you not getting real time traffic info when driving out of state?

I’m about to take a multi state roadtrip so your post is very timely.

cheers
Old 04-21-2024, 10:26 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jjhasluck
Interesting. I have never been able to get my calendar to sync on my ‘21 GTS despite the fact that everything seems to be correctly connected. I “think” I am paying for the correct services from Porsche, but frankly they make it as confusing as it possibly can be.

I too get over the air updates automatically and assumed it was for the entire nav system and all maps. How do you know that you are only getting available updates for your home state? Is it because you are familiar with road changes elsewhere and don’t see them on your nav. Or are you not getting real time traffic info when driving out of state?

I’m about to take a multi state roadtrip so your post is very timely.

cheers
On my 19S, when you go into the menu showing the databases, click on the map database, which shows late 2023/early 2024 for me. When you click on that, it shows you the map date for each individual state. Most of mine are 3-4 years old. About every qurter, a message will pop up and say it is updating the nav database and it completes after about 10 minutes. However, the individual States don't change, except for my home state. One or two others have updated but are still 1-2 years behind. They keep telling me they are all updating, but can't explain why I only see a somewhat recent date for my home state.

Old 04-23-2024, 01:33 PM
jjhasluck
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
On my 19S, when you go into the menu showing the databases, click on the map database, which shows late 2023/early 2024 for me. When you click on that, it shows you the map date for each individual state. Most of mine are 3-4 years old. About every qurter, a message will pop up and say it is updating the nav database and it completes after about 10 minutes. However, the individual States don't change, except for my home state. One or two others have updated but are still 1-2 years behind. They keep telling me they are all updating, but can't explain why I only see a somewhat recent date for my home state.

Yeah - I checked and see the same thing. Mine is even worse because it shows South Florida updates but not the rest of the state. Not sure how it knows what map to update. Maybe by your Connect address?

I wonder if you can force an update if you are outside your home area?
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

I haven't found a way to force the update. I believe prior to the 19 Model Year, you could.

No one at Porsche Connect has been able to explain why the states don't update, but they tell me over and over that my maps are current. They don't really know.

Quick Reply: 2019 Calendar Synch Problems