Old 01-24-2022, 10:40 AM
warren71
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hi
About to spec out a 22 Macan S.

Totally new to Porshe, coming from a Q5 and motorcycle background

A "enthusiastic and spirited" driver, but at 50, not insane anymore. Looking for balance between comfort and sport whenever the mood fits, but leaning more to the sport side.

Given I still ride on two wheels in the summer, this is a winter dd and a summer family trip car and for well(ish) maintained fire-roads in Utah backcountry.

Hoping this can at least the back roads as well as the Q5 did with the added benefit of AS. Light towing looks similar.

Struggling as all newbies do with last minute specs.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEHC4T7

Added 21 " then swapped back to 20" thinking dirt forest and desert (not rock or jeep trails!) roads, maybe a bit less risk there for both tires and rims. Cosmetically not much difference. All season Tire selection may oddly favor the 21s though ???

Did NOT do the PSE, as the few tracks I've heard on the 22 Macan S sound good enough and my wife was rolling her eyes at me! Plus to be fair, although I love popping / gurgling on my motorcycles, it feels a bit out of place on an SUV and I'm sure I'd have it off 90% of the time (HWY, music or radio on the commute).

Where I'm unbelievably stuck is the SC.

1) I wont launch it more than 1-2x. Fun trick, but that about it. Was a blast in a tesla ... someone else's transmission!
2) Wont be in Sports+ for 95% of my driving - highway, city commute, mountain roads to go ski (lots of traffic and cops).
3) This sounds sad but I like the analog clock and don't want to replace it with a useless lap timer
4) The S+ seems only worthy in manual and a few curvy roads in the middle of nowhere... sure... But right now, half those trips are with family and fully loaded, others are on 2 wheels

ok ... the "porshe button" (porshe response button), would be fun, though not sure its tremendously better than dropping a gear and hitting the gas and living with a 0.5s engine lag.

I'm not sure if I want to buy solely something for resale, and it sounds like for every 1 who want it, 2 don't (at least thats the vibe I get on the forums)

Oddly, if it didnt replace the clock with something useless, I'd do it just to do it and have it for the 5x a year I'd use it (I think).

Thoughts ?????

also debating surround view, which my wife might use ... I wouldnt. I don't even hardly use the up camera
didnt do insulated glass as my SA said harly noticeable and sl tiny may be acoustically better
held of on heated glass for radar detector concerns

Thanks !

Quick Reply: Help