Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Liftgate Error - Put car in Park

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021 | 08:24 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Default Liftgate Error - Put car in Park

I have a 2018 Macan Turbo PP. Anyone have an error message pop up when they try to open the rear liftgate using the button in the door switches? A few times now I've had an error message pop up saying to put the car in park (it already was in park and shut off) before opening the door.

I also swapped summer wheels out for winter wheels today and felt the car might have been rocking back and forth more than usual when I was torqueing the bolts. Anyone notice anything similar? I'm wondering if I might have a transmission issue coming up...right when warranty expires in March...
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (12-03-2021)
Old 11-25-2021 | 06:34 AM
ohmyggg
Rennlist Member

First part happened to me too today and I thought it was strange. I had turned off the car and opened the driver’s door. Wouldn’t open the tailgate for me until I turned the ignition back to ACC mode. I’ll have to retest one of these days turning the car off but NOT opening the door. I think once you open the door, certain functions disable themselves.
Old 11-25-2021 | 03:25 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Door wasn't even open yet...
Old 11-25-2021 | 06:03 PM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by mwar99
Door wasn't even open yet...
Put your foot on the brake.
Old 11-25-2021 | 08:40 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

I have a 2018 Macan Turbo PP. Anyone have an error message pop up when they try to open the rear liftgate using the button in the door switches? A few times now I've had an error message pop up saying to put the car in park (it already was in park and shut off) before opening the door.

I also swapped summer wheels out for winter wheels today and felt the car might have been rocking back and forth more than usual when I was torqueing the bolts. Anyone notice anything similar? I'm wondering if I might have a transmission issue coming up...right when warranty expires in March...
2020 Macan Base. Same message. Dealer couldn’t replicate the error after having the vehicle for a week. Funny thing is even their loaner did it to me.

Still does it occasionally. At least I have it logged with the dealer if it gets worse.
Old 12-03-2021 | 09:23 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

I always try and take a picture, or video of the problem.
And if your car is near the end of the warranty, get your car in there and log the problem before expiry.
Also, see if the service advisor will leave the repair order open. That can sometimes extend your coverage a week or two.
Old 12-03-2021 | 09:46 AM
MrMarco
Pro

...I also swapped summer wheels out for winter wheels today and felt the car might have been rocking back and forth more than usual when I was torqueing the bolts. Anyone notice anything similar? I'm wondering if I might have a transmission issue coming up...right when warranty expires in March...
Crazy coincidence? Yesterday I backed up into a parking spot, slightly inclined back to front, with the rear wheels very tight against the curb behind. I put the car in park and took my foot off the brake. Suddenly the car lurched forward. It moved so much that I instinctively moved my foot back to the brake pedal. This is my first PDK and I have a failing transfer case. Freaked me out a bit as I have never had a vehicle move that much in park. ( 2017 S)

Edit: FYI I have stored a 4X4 code on the TC. But I could feel it going out prior to the code popping up.

Last edited by MrMarco; 12-03-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-04-2021 | 09:52 AM
chazmink
Intermediate

Twice in the past two weeks my tailgate didn’t initially open with the door switch. The solution yesterday was to open the door and press the switch again. I think the first time I just pressed the door switch repeatedly. I have a 2017 base.

Last edited by chazmink; 12-05-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Liftgate Error - Put car in Park