Macan 2014-Current

2.0l Oil Usage ( 2020 Macan )

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Fiat88
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2.0l Oil Usage ( 2020 Macan )

During my first year in service and only 6500 miles (Aug. 2021) , my oil level never dropped below the max mark , after my first service I have noticed my oil level dropping . while It has always been in the good range it seems odd that after my first service and an additional 3000k mile I was down approx 1/4 qt. per my dealer as i had them check it out. I am not leaking anywhere and do not drive this car hard . Per the dealer this is normal but seems strange to me , my previous 2012 Audi Q5 used oil ( same 2.0 L engine) that tuned out i recall to be a a known issue that was resolved in subsequent years on the Q5 model.

My Question : Is anyone else experiencing similar results on there 2020/2021 2.0 L engine ?

jim
Old 11-16-2021, 09:53 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 932 Likes on 563 Posts

At 9K miles, no. We'll see at the 10K service next month.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:13 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiat88
During my first year in service and only 6500 miles (Aug. 2021) , my oil level never dropped below the max mark , after my first service I have noticed my oil level dropping . while It has always been in the good range it seems odd that after my first service and an additional 3000k mile I was down approx 1/4 qt. per my dealer as i had them check it out. I am not leaking anywhere and do not drive this car hard . Per the dealer this is normal but seems strange to me , my previous 2012 Audi Q5 used oil ( same 2.0 L engine) that tuned out i recall to be a a known issue that was resolved in subsequent years on the Q5 model.

My Question : Is anyone else experiencing similar results on there 2020/2021 2.0 L engine ?

jim
Who "found" the oil level to be 8 oz. low?

Was it the dealer?

How do you know it was 8 oz low? Did someone add that amount of oil in order to achieve a "full" status?

It is well known that Porsche dealers, when performing oil & filter service operations do NOT refill the oil level all the way to the full level. They "short"
the amount leaving the oil level about mid way between FULL and ADD.

This could easily be a situation in which your Macan started out (after the 1 year service) down ~1/2 qt, then it was "discovered" to be "low".

What are the facts related to this matter?

Puzzling...

Old 11-16-2021, 10:26 AM
Fiat88
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PSEE
Who "found" the oil level to be 8 oz. low?

Was it the dealer?

How do you know it was 8 oz low? Did someone add that amount of oil in order to achieve a "full" status?

It is well known that Porsche dealers, when performing oil & filter service operations do NOT refill the oil level all the way to the full level. They "short"
the amount leaving the oil level about mid way between FULL and ADD.

This could easily be a situation in which your Macan started out (after the 1 year service) down ~1/2 qt, then it was "discovered" to be "low".

What are the facts related to this matter?

Puzzling...
Response:

Yes, Post me bringing into the dealer after I discovered oil level change , Dealer found the oil level to down approx 8oz and top off at no charge
Post my first oil change @ Dealer, I checked oil level and it was at max and stayed there for approx 1500 to 3000k - not sure when it started to drop - again always was in the good range
Old 11-16-2021, 02:45 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

Having owned another car w/ the same 2.0 engine (Golf R) if you fill, then start the engine to fill the oil filter, then recheck and fill further you will get to the fill mark. If you put 6 quarts in and don't recheck and add more you will end up at half. Maybe that is what is happening. On ours I had the same concern until I figured this out.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:27 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 53 Posts

I was surprised to get a low-oil light at ~20K miles on my 2020 Macan (base). Not a great sign this early in the life of the vehicle. The dealer topped it off at no charge, but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm familiar with this issue as my sister and parents all have 4-cylinder, turbo Audis.

Quick Reply: 2.0l Oil Usage ( 2020 Macan )