Macan 2014-Current

Best exhaust for 2021 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 02:39 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
Flat 6 is the one that told me they are discontinued and they don't have any left.
That sucks. I'd do some searches and phone around. I bet there's old inventory out there somewhere.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:45 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
That sucks. I'd do some searches and phone around. I bet there's old inventory out there somewhere.
It apparently doesn't work with the PSE button now for the 2021 because they changed the position of the wiring or something like that.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:24 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

It apparently doesn't work with the PSE button now for the 2021 because they changed the position of the wiring or something like that.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:40 AM
bkkchris
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would go AWE. Have had them on all my Audi's (including my current RS5) and they sound great with great build quality for the price. I almost went that route with my old GTS but decided to keep it stock. I have heard one on the GTS however and it sounds killer.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:13 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bkkchris
Personally I would go AWE. Have had them on all my Audi's (including my current RS5) and they sound great with great build quality for the price. I almost went that route with my old GTS but decided to keep it stock. I have heard one on the GTS however and it sounds killer.
It sounds nice from videos, but it is the loudest and doesn't work with the PSE button. I would want an exhaust that doesn't have mufflers to quiet down to be able to go quiet or loud.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:26 PM
High4
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bkkchris-Could you elaborate regarding the AWE? I am hesitant because I don't want the sound to be too loud. I have heard clips and it sounds good, but I don't want a volume that would annoy my neighbors.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:37 PM
bkkchris
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was looking at AWE for my 17' GTS I was going to go for their "track" version which just deletes the rear L/R resonators/mufflers. They also have a "touring" that includes an x-pipe center and tones down the volume a bit and the slight drone that the "track" version can get - although this never has bothered me in other AWE applications so wasn't too worried about the drone effect, but different people have different sensitivities to it. I also believe they do sell a valve controller if you have the PSE and want valve control retained. On my current RS5 they have a slight bit different offering and I have a non-resonated, touring setup (kinda a middle ground between a straight touring and track), and its is loud but in hindsight I would have done the track for a bit extra volume - even the wife mentioned that it could be louder sometime!

My guess would be you would be very happy with the "touring" offering from them but it does add some extra $$$. You can also do the "track" and change it out to a "touring" with a kit they offer if it ends up too loud for your taste/neighbors!
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (12-03-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 10:32 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bkkchris
When I was looking at AWE for my 17' GTS I was going to go for their "track" version which just deletes the rear L/R resonators/mufflers. They also have a "touring" that includes an x-pipe center and tones down the volume a bit and the slight drone that the "track" version can get - although this never has bothered me in other AWE applications so wasn't too worried about the drone effect, but different people have different sensitivities to it. I also believe they do sell a valve controller if you have the PSE and want valve control retained. On my current RS5 they have a slight bit different offering and I have a non-resonated, touring setup (kinda a middle ground between a straight touring and track), and its is loud but in hindsight I would have done the track for a bit extra volume - even the wife mentioned that it could be louder sometime!

My guess would be you would be very happy with the "touring" offering from them but it does add some extra $$$. You can also do the "track" and change it out to a "touring" with a kit they offer if it ends up too loud for your taste/neighbors!

Meh I'm not worried about my neighbors. Let me look into AWE then. Flat 6 told me currently no exhaust works with the PSE button, but let me double check with them.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:48 AM
High4
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bkkchris-Thank you. Good information and I'll go with the touring.
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (12-03-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 10:42 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

flat 6 tells me its a muffler bypass system. It doesn't work with the PSE button
Old 12-18-2021, 12:52 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Old 12-22-2021, 10:22 PM
Dsandler
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Meh I'm not worried about my neighbors. Let me look into AWE then. Flat 6 told me currently no exhaust works with the PSE button, but let me double check with them.
I thought the techart mufflers work with PSE and the OE tips.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:32 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dsandler
I thought the techart mufflers work with PSE and the OE tips.
I'm not sure if it works with the PSE button. I think it works with the sport mode button. As in you have to turn to sport mode and it opens the valve. The problem with techart is you have to cut the original exhaust. You cut the original exhaust mufflers out and clamp the techart in. This essentially makes your OEM exhaust useless when you want to go back to stock when it's time to sell. It's not a reversible modification.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:47 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Thought I'd bump this. Anyon got any new news on exhausts?
Old 09-18-2022, 03:14 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

The TechArt works with the buttons on the center console. Anyone have one? I'm seriously considering getting one. It is just the rear mufflers.

God bless you,
TT

Quick Reply: Best exhaust for 2021 Macan GTS