Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Macan 2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021 | 11:47 PM
scate831
Cruisin'

Question Porsche Macan 2015

Has anyone experienced a water leak on the front passenger foot well area, during the recent storms here is central coastal California, Carmel area. I found that there was water in the foot well and was dripping from the underside of the dashboard surround. I have the Weathertech floormats designed to catch spills etc. and there was about about 8mm of water. The Macan is parked outside with the passenger side slightly lower than the driver side. I opened the hood and looked at that corner of the upper firewall by where the hinge is and it looked like the water had built up in the upper corner, not sure where the drain for that area is but I will see if that was possibly plugged? Anyway if anyone has any feedback it would be great to hear from you. Thanks Steve C.
Old 10-26-2021 | 11:16 AM
JDailey
Instructor

In my BMWs, that was almost always due to a clogged panoramic sunroof drain. That’s where I’d start. You may not be able to see the clog from the top or bottom, but try some compressed air?
Old 10-27-2021 | 04:14 PM
PSEE
Pro

weed whacker line is supposed to be a good item to fish down the sunroof drain tube lines...
Old 10-27-2021 | 04:18 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Originally Posted by PSEE
weed whacker line is supposed to be a good item to fish down the sunroof drain tube lines...
I wish I'd thought of that! Yes, that sounds like it would do the trick.
Old 10-27-2021 | 09:01 PM
offagain
Instructor

958 model Cayennes have a very similar issue. And a quick search on YouTube shows that it seems to be common on the Macan too:

I did have a wet passenger side mat for a while and traced it back to the drain line for the aircon system - again, common issue with the 958. Not suggesting that its the case here, but might be worth checking into that. Quite why Porsche engineered the drain for the aircon to be INSIDE the car is beyond me, but hey, they did! Though a quick search on Google shows that for the Macan it does indeed seem like the sunroof drain.
Old 10-29-2021 | 09:43 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

funny. My car 2o16 was in for service and it stayed the night at the dealer. There was a torrential storm and the service advisor said the passenger foot well was wet.
He did a search and found a technical service bulletin for a reseal of the sunroof drain seal. He kept the car one additional night for the glue to dry and ran it through the dealership car wash. No more leak. This is possibly not your problem. Call your dealership and make this inquiry?

Quick Reply: Porsche Macan 2015