2015 Macan Turbo or 2018 Macan S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 09:43 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by MacJBM
Was settled for the S...

Congrats! Best looking wheels on the Macan IMHO (I run 20;s)
Old 10-21-2021, 11:49 AM
MacJBM
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMarco
Congrats! Best looking wheels on the Macan IMHO (I run 20;s)
Don't congrats me just yet! haha... I just went over to see it, super clean.

Just need to pull the trigger on one of them
Old 10-24-2021, 03:45 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

After three years they will likely depreciate about the same amount. Pick the one that speaks to you more assuming you would be getting an extended warranty for either of them. I'm loving the 2015 Macan Turbo I recently got. Feels new to me in and out. Love the stupid "Turbo" in the dash. I miss the days of getting a CPO Carrera for half of what they cost new and repeating after 2-3 years. Fortunately you can still do that with Macan's.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:38 PM
BosMacanT18
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A quick sharing of thinking process regard to S and T...

I tested drove one 21 S a month ago, definitely a bit soft when accelerating to our driven habits, even with Sport mode ON and with the engine/pipe sounding loudly..., Need a bit more pwr for highway entries so decided to go for a GTS but unfortunately, can't find a CPO'ed GTS so I just booked 18 Turbo last week, not in my hands yet as the dealer will clear up the title as it is just out of a lease, also the CPO processing will take time, they said it will be ready in two weeks. As to the cost, the T with 1.6K mi cost 8K more than 6k mi S, that was the deal.

Questions..., are there any recalls for the Turbo and what the 10K and 20K service included mainly? Should I ask the dealer to check on possible timing chain cover oil leakage and to replace the transmission fluids bf delivering?

Thanks...
Old 10-25-2021, 12:51 PM
MacJBM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BosMacanT18
A quick sharing of thinking process regard to S and T...

I tested drove one 21 S a month ago, definitely a bit soft when accelerating to our driven habits, even with Sport mode ON and with the engine/pipe sounding loudly..., Need a bit more pwr for highway entries so decided to go for a GTS but unfortunately, can't find a CPO'ed GTS so I just booked 18 Turbo last week, not in my hands yet as the dealer will clear up the title as it is just out of a lease, also the CPO processing will take time, they said it will be ready in two weeks. As to the cost, the T with 1.6K mi cost 8K more than 6k mi S, that was the deal.

Questions..., are there any recalls for the Turbo and what the 10K and 20K service included mainly? Should I ask the dealer to check on possible timing chain cover oil leakage and to replace the transmission fluids bf delivering?

Thanks...
It seems all Macan models up to 18 have some sort of recall on them and some of them have a stop-sale for some sensor issue.

I personally want the Turbo as well, but not a chance I go in without warranty.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:40 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,176 Likes on 1,835 Posts

I don’t need anything above a base and I’m about to buy a PP. Nobody needs a Porsche nor more than 200hp. Buy what you want and makes sense for you. As far as resale down the road, there are very few Turbos and even less PP than GTS and S so I presume there will be at least more appetite for Turbos than other models.
The following users liked this post:
rasetsu (11-10-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 12:18 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

I traded an excellent '15 S for an '18 Turbo a couple years ago after a 15 minutes test drive. Obviously faster, a little better handling, quieter and smoother. Just mo' better in every way I want it to be.

Did an oil change yesterday at 16 k miles. No recalls, just a software update on the real brake lights or sensors or something.
The following users liked this post:
BosMacanT18 (10-26-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 09:22 AM
pbon
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 112 Posts

I’d be tempted by the 15 Turbo over the 18 S, but I like power. If power is not so critical to you, buy the newer car.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:14 PM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Any update OP?
Old 11-08-2021, 12:00 AM
MacJBM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaysc
Any update OP?
I ended up not getting either

Turned out the Turbo had no warranty, and additional warranty was roughly $6,000. I've read some nightmares with the timing chain cover leak and was too worried about getting one without a warranty.

I'm still searching but I'm thinking about just waiting until the '22 Macan's start hitting dealerships and maybe try to track down a '22 Macan S.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:49 PM
jaysc
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MacJBM
I ended up not getting either

Turned out the Turbo had no warranty, and additional warranty was roughly $6,000. I've read some nightmares with the timing chain cover leak and was too worried about getting one without a warranty.

I'm still searching but I'm thinking about just waiting until the '22 Macan's start hitting dealerships and maybe try to track down a '22 Macan S.
Sounds like a good plan. You could look into cutting the warranty coverage down to the bare minimum which would at least cover drive train (which would include the TCC) if you're really sold on that Turbo.

Quick Reply: 2015 Macan Turbo or 2018 Macan S?