Macan 2014-Current

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 06:55 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts
Default Tire Question

I just moved from Pennsylvania to Pasadena, CA. My Macan S has 21 inch summer tires, and while living in PA I'd put a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels on it each year. I left those back in PA. It's time for new tires, and I'm considering getting Pirelli Scorpion all seasons. While we obviously don't have to worry about snow in SoCal, I will occasionally visit my daughter in Oregon and want to be prepared for some cold weather driving. Has anyone made this switch to either the Pirellis or another brand? Thoughts?
Old 08-26-2021, 08:04 PM
LaurenceG
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2018 Macan Turbo with 8000 miles and 21” wheels. The car was factory equipped with Conti summer tires. They were very harsh-I don’t have air suspension.
I just put on a set of Pirelli Scorpion All Season tires. Remarkable improvement in ride quality.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:11 PM
Russ Cusimano
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Sport AS

I live in Oregon and switched to Micheline Pilot Sport All Season tires. Very happy.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:36 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Thanks for the insights. My Macan also has air suspension.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 PM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Mich all seasons were not acceptable for me. No tire has come close to touching my new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV.
HOLY COW THEY ARE SPECTACULAR!!!!

After running both AS and dedicated sets of summer and winter on my Acuras ('09 TL SHAWD, '07 RDX) I can say that not only is the benefit from the summer tire fun and winter tire safety, but being able to keep the tires you like longer. Why anyone would not run dedicated sets that are easy to seasonally swap out seems to come down to money. Sadly, in the end you probably spend the same or more and get fewer years out of the tire. I now that I have only one vehicle I don't feel comfortable driving on summer tires in the Pacific Northwest winter, for me it's the only solution to my need for summer grip.

Quick Reply: Tire Question