Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Where is the battery power and starter relay in a 95B?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 10:58 AM
celiawessen
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Where is the battery power and starter relay in a 95B?

Hi guys,

I’ve got a 2016 Macan Turbo that won’t crank. Checked the battery in the trunk and it is outputting 12.2V while headlights, radio, interior lights are on. There’s no sound from the engine compartment when I turn the ignition, so I suspect the starter is not even getting power. The dash info is also telling me I don’t have power steering. This tells me the battery power relay may have gone bad.

Does anybody know where the battery power and starter relays are? Is it one of the big squares in the fuse box in the right rear of the cargo area? If so, does anyone know which socket it is? They are gray-ed out on the diagram in the manual.

Last edited by celiawessen; 08-21-2021 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:54 PM
celiawessen
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Nevermind, I’ve found the culprit. A loose positive jump start post. It is what’s holding the power cable from the battery in the cargo area together with the power able going into the fuse box in the engine compartment.

The post bolt had expanded over time due to heat from some kind of electrical trickle. The plastic cover was melted on the under side. That made the thread loose and the ring ends of the cables were not making contact.

Saved a thousand dollars on a $6 part!
The following 2 users liked this post by celiawessen:
MrMarco (08-23-2021), T3X4S (08-22-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 07:47 PM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

HOLY TOLEDO! How does that even happen. I am going to check mine tomorrow . Thanks for the post!

Quick Reply: Where is the battery power and starter relay in a 95B?