Macan 2014-Current

Surround view cameras work but not parking sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 11:19 PM
OJM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Surround view cameras work but not parking sensors

Hi All, I have had three other Porsches, but only recently picked up a 2016 Macan Turbo with 70k to replace my 2006 Cayenne Turbo which I am selling to a friend with 155K miles on it. I do a lot of work on my cars, including most service on my Cayenne and two 911s I have owned (still own a 993, sold my 997 C2S). Anyway, the Macan is great, but it has park assist and surround view and an odd issue has developed. The first few days, surround view and park assist sensors (audible and screen) worked as advertised. At some point a few days after I brought the car home, the park assist sensors are no longer working - no audible alert and no visual yellow/red graphic on screen. Interestingly, the surround view cameras and backup camera all function when the car is in reverse, but no audible or screen alert when I get close to an obstruction. Also, pressing the park assist button in the roof center console appears to have no impact and does not light up. I have tried to reset all settings, located the park assist module in the cargo area (passenger side) and checked that all connections were fine. I also checked the fuse for park assist (which is the same as surround view) and it is not blown. I scanned for codes on my iCarsoft code reader and Park Assist is not detected. I am stumped. I did have a post-purchase inspection at Powertech in Rockaway, NJ (excellent Porsche indy shop that has serviced my Cayenne and two 911s for anything beyond my capabilities, veerry reputable). Although I see no way an inspection with the car on a lift a could have caused this issue, but I noticed the parking sensor alerts were not working a day or two after the inspection. The car was so new and I only drove a couple of times so I honestly did not notice when the beeping alerts stopped annoying me! I feel like a plug somewhere may have come loose, but can't find a diagram. Any theories? All responses appreciated!

Last edited by OJM; 06-28-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:17 PM
jmt-hkg
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’ve got the exact same issue

did you find a fix? I’ve got the identical issue. Just started a few days ago? Appreciate to hear what you found?

Originally Posted by OJM
Hi All, I have had three other Porsches, but only recently picked up a 2016 Macan Turbo with 70k to replace my 2006 Cayenne Turbo which I am selling to a friend with 155K miles on it. I do a lot of work on my cars, including most service on my Cayenne and two 911s I have owned (still own a 993, sold my 997 C2S). Anyway, the Macan is great, but it has park assist and surround view and an odd issue has developed. The first few days, surround view and park assist sensors (audible and screen) worked as advertised. At some point a few days after I brought the car home, the park assist sensors are no longer working - no audible alert and no visual yellow/red graphic on screen. Interestingly, the surround view cameras and backup camera all function when the car is in reverse, but no audible or screen alert when I get close to an obstruction. Also, pressing the park assist button in the roof center console appears to have no impact and does not light up. I have tried to reset all settings, located the park assist module in the cargo area (passenger side) and checked that all connections were fine. I also checked the fuse for park assist (which is the same as surround view) and it is not blown. I scanned for codes on my iCarsoft code reader and Park Assist is not detected. I am stumped. I did have a post-purchase inspection at Powertech in Rockaway, NJ (excellent Porsche indy shop that has serviced my Cayenne and two 911s for anything beyond my capabilities, veerry reputable). Although I see no way an inspection with the car on a lift a could have caused this issue, but I noticed the parking sensor alerts were not working a day or two after the inspection. The car was so new and I only drove a couple of times so I honestly did not notice when the beeping alerts stopped annoying me! I feel like a plug somewhere may have come loose, but can't find a diagram. Any theories? All responses appreciated!
Old 10-23-2021, 11:00 PM
Matt380
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jmt-hkg
did you find a fix? I’ve got the identical issue. Just started a few days ago? Appreciate to hear what you found?
Same problem here ? Anyone got a solution to it as yet ??
Old 05-22-2022, 05:37 PM
Ripter
1st Gear

We now have the same problem. Research on other forums is starting to indicate a failed PDC unit. Has anyone learned anthing definitive yet?
Old 05-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 915 Likes on 553 Posts

My cameras work, but in the past few months have been progressively slower to come on. I am in the parking space, aligned or not, by the time they come on. I'll ask the dealer if I get around to it.

Quick Reply: Surround view cameras work but not parking sensors