Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Chalk or Dolomite Silver

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021 | 03:20 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Welcome to Rennlist. I would definitely like to see the espresso interior. Rare interior color choice.
Old 02-24-2021 | 08:30 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by DocJ
Hello, everyone. New Rennlist'er here.....escaped from Macan Forum. I just took delivery of a MY21 GTS Chalk over Espresso. Yeah, I know, what kind of an idiot would spend $6K on paint and leather? Well, like a previous poster said, my wife (the smart one in the relationship) said "You'll always 2nd guess yourself. Get what's in your heart".. It's even nicer than I imagined on the configurator! Drove it for one day, and dropped it off for ceramic job. Will post photos next week when I get it back.
Ours also chalk/espresso. Driving it straight from the dealer March 5 for a ceramic coat.
Old 02-25-2021 | 10:42 PM
DocJ
Track Day

Chris-911.......this is quite possibly, the most beautiful car I’ve seen in years. Drive it in good health!
Old 02-26-2021 | 05:06 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by MAPC
First-let me say that both colors are nice. My Base Macan was Todium and when ordering my 2021 GTS, I didn't want something too similar.

I LOVED Chalk. It is an amazingly sophisticated color. My only hesitation was the cost of the paint. In the end, my wife convinced me to stop being so cheap and get what o really wanted. It's worth mentioning that she loved Chalk as well.

I was also committed to the Garnet/Black interior and have zero regrets there as well. It's a great interior. Good balance of black and red and a great of red (pics don't do it justice).

Here is a pic at delivery day.I'll try to find some other pics later. It looks different depending on lighting

If that's a 2021 GTS, how did you get the stainless round pipes?? The standard pipes on that model are black stainless. I much prefer the silver pipes.
Old 02-27-2021 | 07:29 AM
MAPC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phil G.
If that's a 2021 GTS, how did you get the stainless round pipes?? The standard pipes on that model are black stainless. I much prefer the silver pipes.
Mine are the black stainless. They just look brighter in this pic for some reason I'll post another pic later today
Old 02-27-2021 | 08:29 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Mine are the black stainless. They just look brighter in this pic for some reason I'll post another pic later today
That would be great. Look forward to it. But, damn. In that shot they really look silver as in chrome or stainless. Beautiful car BTW
Old 02-27-2021 | 05:34 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
My wife is ordering a GTS and wanted to see colors. Our local dealer is small with zero inventory to speak of so last week we visited a mega dealer to simply look at colors. They have dozenes of Macans and Cayennes, many in Chalk which my wife immediately fell in love with. With the black gts wheels, the car looks killer and I know back home, very few chalk cars exists so it will be rare vs Dolomite. I love the blue accents in Dolo and wouldnt hesitate to get the color but Chalk is fairly rare and a big hit with Porsche. (they have similar Cashmere Beige color in Cayennes which seems to be growing on people)

Because they had so many cars, the trip also served to confirm which seat she's order (14 way) and interior color. Her preference was either Red or Black/chalk. In the end I think black won out as she felt she'd get sick of that red interior after 2-3 yrs which belongs in a gamer/drifter boys BMW. (but then again, we live in CT which is fairly conservative) The insulated glass is a great and low cost option to reduce interior temps (and noise).

Best part was the dealer is huge, it was sunny and 75 and we did everything outside safely. One otgher note, they had over 80 "new" cars, tons of Taycans but ZERO 911....massive production shortage with huge buyer demand.
East Hartford is my closest dealer and cars are often sold before they even hit the showroom floor. Just today I inquired about a Macan GTS that came up on CarGurus and it had already sold. Like you I need to visit a mega-dealer, may I inquire what dealership you visited?
Old 02-27-2021 | 05:50 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Chalk is a great color, but I felt safer with silver since my 981S Boxster was GT Silver over black and I never tired of it. I’m in Pennsylvania and have bought from Porsche of the Main Line and Porsche Warrington. I also bought a 2004 911 C4S sight unseen with 1100 miles from Isringhausen in Illinois.
Old 02-28-2021 | 07:42 AM
MAPC
Instructor

Originally Posted by sonicworld
East Hartford is my closest dealer and cars are often sold before they even hit the showroom floor. Just today I inquired about a Macan GTS that came up on CarGurus and it had already sold. Like you I need to visit a mega-dealer, may I inquire what dealership you visited?
Finding a GTS in stock won't be easy. Dealers get very few allocations and they are almost all custom orders or sold before they get to the dealership. In fact, I had ordered one from a dealer but then asked to cancel since I found another dealer that had an earlier build slot. The first dealer was thrilled that I canceled as he had a list of people who wanted my order and who'd pay full MSRP (I had negotiated a modest discount).

in love on an area where there are at least 8-10 dealers within about an hour's drive and they were still hard to find.
Old 02-28-2021 | 11:08 AM
vinceGTS

My dealer here in Rochester, NY (Porsche of Rochester) had a Chalk GTS in stock the other day when I had my GTS serviced. Not sure if it has sold since then, but it's still on their website and it stickers for $90K. I use Tim Carney - he's been there forever and is very Porsche and car knowledgeable. Not sure if letting him know I told you about it will help or hurt your deal New 2021 Porsche Macan GTS 4D Sport Utility in Rochester #MLB51448 | Porsche Rochester

Vince

Old 02-28-2021 | 04:21 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Boring silver is easy to keep clean but also a dime a dozen (my Macan and 911 are both silver). Go for Chalk!
Old 02-28-2021 | 10:17 PM
Chris-911
Instructor

Finding a GTS in stock won't be easy. Dealers get very few allocations and they are almost all custom orders or sold before they get to the dealership. In fact, I had ordered one from a dealer but then asked to cancel since I found another dealer that had an earlier build slot. The first dealer was thrilled that I canceled as he had a list of people who wanted my order and who'd pay full MSRP (I had negotiated a modest discount).

in love on an area where there are at least 8-10 dealers within about an hour's drive and they were still hard to find.
Is this the same case for Turbo allocations? Are those hard to get as well?
Old 08-14-2021 | 08:23 PM
Ruderegime
5th Gear

What years do the Macan's get the Chalk?
Old 08-15-2021 | 06:57 PM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by Ruderegime
What years do the Macan's get the Chalk?
It is special color that you pay dearly for.
Old 08-15-2021 | 07:40 PM
Ruderegime
5th Gear

Originally Posted by wwahl
It is special color that you pay dearly for.
What years can you get chalk on a Macan? I'm looking at used Macan's. I would prefer the chalk color.

Quick Reply: Chalk or Dolomite Silver